• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
As regards Tiverton & Honiton I expect the Lib Dems to win but will not be betting as no VFM

Mr Jinx

You have to explain it because you talk rubbish, The Labour Party was started by unions as their political wing so to speak but those days of the 70's when in the last 5 years of that decade the Labour Government were held to ransom by the unions and did not buckle and then they lost the 79 election which was a total own goal by the unions because Thatcher came in abrought in the most draconian anti union laws in which the Blair Government in 13 yrs of power never repealed them and today Starmer has not come out on either sid but has only said there should be concrete talks to try and resolve this issue, Which to me seems sensible, Brexit, you talk some rubbish about that too, Starmer has said time and time again that argument is over, No matter what his back benches say, it is done and he knows he'd be on such a pasting if he tried to rejoin, That is simple even to you to understand surely? But of course you don't trust him, Without a single piece of evidence that he will try to rejoin because of what happened in the last Parliament, You forget it was the Tories that brought May down, No one else but you forget that, 148 Tor MP's voted to kick out Johnson, again you forget that.

You said earlier that Starmer told all his MP's not to go on the picket line, That was UNTRUE but don't let that stop you spouting off more rubbish, Oh by the way, Did you know that the RMT is NOT affiliated to the Labour Party? Each MP has their own views and for me if they wish to join a picket line to show support then go right ahead. But of course the right wing press will scew this to saying the strike has "Official" Labour backing because that is what they do all the time, Knock Labour.

As for coming out with mealy mouth nonsense, I think the Tories are even more guilty of that recently, Don't you?
So you don't think these strikes are an absolute gift to the Tories?

DB9

No I don't, At the moment the Tories are trying to blame Labour for the strikes and I think this will backfire, The usual suspects are trying to whip up "Outrage" and accuse Labour for not condemning the strike, What Labour has said is sensible, Get negotiating. Thing is this Government are not trusted, They are seen as liars, Especially the leader, That is out there and not disputed, Their total out of touch thinking with the CoL to ordinary people is there to see. Those that support this lot through hell or high water will always do that but they are not the majority and those that "Lent" their vote to them are bearing the brunt with the rest of us and I don't think this strike is a big as open goal for the Tories you think it is.

arthur

Apologies if this has already been shared – I went back a few pages and couldn't see it – but even by the standards of Johnson's Conservative Party their candidate in Tiverton and Honiton seems pretty loathsome:
It would be an insult to third rate people to call her third rate. Where do they find these people?

angelic upstart

No, I don't. That said, Ol' SKS has managed to annoy both the left and right today by being nowhere to be seen. I have some sympathy with him as clearly he's after the centre ground. He just doesn't know how to go about it properly.

Alistair20000

It would be an insult to third rate people to call her third rate. Where do they find these people?
Indeed.

How do you rate the terminally useless Zarah Sultana M.P. art ?

Alistair20000

The plan is to unveil a plan at this year's Conference apparently. Then we'll all be thrilled at last and a grateful nation will put its faith in a Labour future. A decade of Starmerism beckons.....
Not predicting or expecting something a bit more radical then art ?

I reckon that whoever wins the next GE will pick up a particularly shitty stick and will be blamed for all that follows after of course a period of blaming the outgoing inept Tories if they are given the The Elbow.

Sir Keith's task will be delivering a lot of pain and working out how to fairly share that around.

IndoMike

Not predicting or expecting something a bit more radical then art ?

I reckon that whoever wins the next GE will pick up a particularly shitty stick and will be blamed for all that follows after of course a period of blaming the outgoing inept Tories if they are given the The Elbow.

Sir Keith's task will be delivering a lot of pain and working out how to fairly share that around.
You mean like the sh*tty stick Biden picked up? And the one every Labour Govt has to pick up every time the Tories are booted out?

IndoMike

"The chair of the House of Commons standards committee, Chris Bryant, called on Tuesday for the “paper trail” surrounding the issue to be published. “It is manifestly corrupt to appoint your lover as a Spad,” he said in a tweet.

At the time, Johnson was still married to his second wife, Marina Wheeler*".

What a class act Johnson is.

IndoMike

Hey, the PM's spokesman says they're gonna have a review of the Ethics Advisor's role before appointing a new one. A review? Oh that should take up about 6 months. But why do this : surely Carrie should be offered the job,?
And the lame British public will suck it all up. How deep our great nation has sunk.
It's become a banana republic !!