• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Cam deserve his chance to be No1 at Wednesday, He came to us a bit low in confidence after falling down the order there and showed his parent club he had plenty to offer and was a cracking 1st choice keeper, 15 or so cleen sheets is pretty good, Even if it was in a league lower. He's still a youngish keeper (26) has years ahead of him. I hope he get his chance. Take out the games with Celtic and Rangers the SPL is not the best standard and L1 next season is a better bet for him.

Rosencrantz

If this is correct it would add more weight to the above that Cam will be competing with Stockdale for the No 1 spot.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ross County and the like probably can't even afford what we can. And if they can Cam probably told them to stick it. He knows where he needs to be next (this?) season.

sign of the chimes

If this is correct it would add more weight to the above that Cam will be competing with Stockdale for the No 1 spot.

Posted on the Nathan Bishop thread that I think Stockdale smells like a backup option for Wednesday. I also think it that the signing makes it more likely they'll keep hold of Dawson - and the latter will have a good shot at their number 1 slot next season. I should add this is all based on accepting that the general assumptions about Dawson's weekly wage on here are in the right ball-park (if he's 'only' on £3-£4k a week, Dawson may have other irons in the fire).

Squeezebox

Artice I read this morning suggests Cam & Stockdale will be competing for the no. 1 spot and will be judged on performances in pre-season. Cam has a head start as Stockdale is starting training a week later due to his Wycombe play-off involvement.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Artice I read this morning suggests Cam & Stockdale will be competing for the no. 1 spot and will be judged on performances in pre-season. Cam has a head start as Stockdale is starting training a week later due to his Wycombe play-off involvement.
That's a lot of cash to be spending on two players, one of whom won't be paying regularly. Most League 1 clubs would struggle to pay the wages of either Dawson or Stockdale, let alone both of them.

Rosencrantz

That's a lot of cash to be spending on two players, one of whom won't be paying regularly. Most League 1 clubs would struggle to pay the wages of either Dawson or Stockdale, let alone both of them.
Do you really think Stockdale will be on that big a wage relative to what Wednesday pay coming from Wycombe? Big wages in City's world probably but relative to Wednesday's average salary I would think it would be well manageable for them.

jimmy

Could he be first choice for Wednesday next season?

'Dawson, who has two years left to run on his Owls contract, only missed one natch in Exeter's promotion-winning season due to illness.'

He only missed one Natch? Clearly, he got a taste for zider down here! 🍏🍎

scottus86

Wonder of we're in for Wildsmith

budegrecian

'Dawson, who has two years left to run on his Owls contract, only missed one natch in Exeter's promotion-winning season due to illness.'

He only missed one Natch? Clearly, he got a taste for zider down here! 🍏🍎
The footage from the open top bus parade would suggest you're correct! :)