• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nathan Bishop (GK) to Exeter?

Trapdoor

Andresson is OK.
He's quite a character and would fit in well here, but he isn't a proven L1 or Championship keeper like Dawson so clearly is.

I'd be happy with Andresson but I wouldn't want us to pay a fee for him.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if an alternative to bringing in a keeper on loan would be to sign an older keeper with Championship/ League One experience on a 12 month contract. That wouldn't block Lee's route to the first team long-term.

Someone like Kieran Westwood perhaps?

Bridgy 81

I wonder if an alternative to bringing in a keeper on loan would be to sign an older keeper with Championship/ League One experience on a 12 month contract.
Someone like Kieran Westwood perhaps?
Or as mentioned a while back - Ben Hamer.
He could even live in Chard and still be first in for training every morning.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or as mentioned a while back - Ben Hamer.
He could even live in Chard and still be first in for training every morning.
Yeah. I was trying to avoid falling into the 'let's sign a former player' trap 🤣

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is David McGoldrick a realistic target? I think he'd suit MT's style of play.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is David McGoldrick a realistic target? I think he'd suit MT's style of play.
This of course should have been on the summer transfer thread 🙈

ExmouthMart

So now Andresson is not good enough…… Reading have signed Joe Lumley on a season long loan from Middlesbrough. So why not sign him?! If we are signing a goalkeeper on loan again why not someone who would fit right in and knows how Taylor sets up the team. Dawson didn’t have a great reputation before last season otherwise why was he playing for us?!

Boyo

Dawson didn’t have a great reputation before last season otherwise why was he playing for us?!
It was nothing to do with his reputation. He'd had injury problems the previous year and needed regular first team football. We were able to give him that. He benefited, we benefitted, Wednesday benefited.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah. I was trying to avoid falling into the 'let's sign a former player' trap 🤣
Always makes me laugh, because the only keepers we know either play for us now or played for us before.

Paul Jones anyone? Think he lives locally now.

Squeezebox

Wycombe making late bid to attract Bishop apparently!