• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fixtures Release Date - Thursday 23 June 9am

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just under 46 days to go...
Would be nice to start with a home game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Also released next Thursday is the first round of the League Cup and the groups for Pizza Trophy.

david61

First games 30/7/2022, that's 56 years after England 4 West Germany 2, World Cup final 1966, one of our old managers starred in that !

Exehausted

Also released next Thursday is the first round of the League Cup and the groups for Pizza Trophy.
You wait weeks for one set of fixtures and three come along at once!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder what the chances are of having games postponed due to player call-ups in L1 during the World Cup.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder what the chances are of having games postponed due to player call-ups in L1 during the World Cup.
I doubt many L1 players play for countries who have qualified for the WC.

If I remember correctly, there's also a specific number of players a team needs to lose to international games to postpone a club fixture.

grecIAN Harris

I doubt many L1 players play for countries who have qualified for the WC.

If I remember correctly, there's also a specific number of players a team needs to lose to international games to postpone a club fixture.
It can't be many because Swindon managed to have a game or two called off during last season due to international call ups.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It can't be many because Swindon managed to have a game or two called off during last season due to international call ups.
I thought it was 3 or more but I may be wrong. If any L1 team has 3 or more players playing at the World Cup then I'd be very surprised.

sign of the chimes

Pretty sure there are no L1 midweek games during the four weeks the WC is on; and think that was a deliberate decision to minimise any clubs that could be impacted - and suspect in the interest of the clubs in case of clashes with evening fixtures as it's only a two hour time gap, I think. Realistically it's going to be the odd (albeit possibly influential) player from the odd club. Think the rule for international call ups is three players; but as there shouldn't be friendlies elsewhere going on concurrently I think the impact will be minimal.

andrew p long

IIRC international call up issues for lower league clubs often resulted from players called up for U21s etc; not sure if there are. any such games during the World Cup period.