• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hold on chaps, iirc when Griggs left he handed over ownership to their supporters trust, along with a dowry (of £2million ?), so whilst yes, R & D might be considered his "vanity project", he didn't exactly "leave them in the lurch" !
Never said he left them in the lurch, I said he left, Not wanting to keep funding it, Which is true, I wasn't sure who he left it to but obviously the £2m? soon got used up and those in charge had difficulties running the club. Him leaving did eventually do for the club but the stadium was never the problem.

sign of the chimes

Ron Martin is still in overall charge at Roots Hall isn't he?

Those stadium plans look marvelous; but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were a Southend fan.

Colesman Ballz

Ron Martin is still in overall charge at Roots Hall isn't he?

Those stadium plans look marvelous; but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were a Southend fan.
I agree, the plans for a new stadium have been dragging on for years, without any progress, and In the current financial climate it would seem less likely than ever.

DB9

I agree, the plans for a new stadium have been dragging on for years, without any progress, and In the current financial climate it would seem less likely than ever.
Similar to Torquay's plans then? Big fanfare then nothing.

Colesman Ballz

Similar to Torquay's plans then? Big fanfare then nothing.
Exactly, a classic case of promising the fans "jam tomorrow" !

sign of the chimes

Exactly, a classic case of promising the fans "jam tomorrow" !
Ron Martin also seemed to spend a fair bit of time promising HMRC "payment tomorrow". Just a handful of Google searches relating to different instances undertaken in around 60 seconds.

Other than that, he seems legit.

DB9

Ron Martin also seemed to spend a fair bit of time promising HMRC "payment tomorrow". Just a handful of Google searches relating to different instances undertaken in around 60 seconds.

Other than that, he seems legit.

The old thing about ignoring paying a bill until the red letter comes through the letterbox?

Rosencrantz

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Quite a statement from Staines Town, can't quite believe what I've read!

iscalad

Quite a statement from Staines Town, can't quite believe what I've read!

Bleddy hell.....