• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2022

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
No problem but just how much cricket you will see may depend on the brittle Somerset top order.

Sorry will bat all of today I fear and let us hope Somerset can avoid a shambolic 69 all out
Turned out ok in the end should be a full day's play tomorrow now :) If Surrey kick on in the morning (especially if a rested Amla returns) and Somerset bat as they have been doing could be a result tomorrow too

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Turned out ok in the end should be a full day's play tomorrow now :) If Surrey kick on in the morning (especially if a rested Amla returns) and Somerset bat as they have been doing could be a result tomorrow too
Hope you have a good day. (y)

Can you please take a pair of scissors and give Rory Burns a severe hair cut. His ridiculous long hair enrages me. :mad:

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope you have a good day. (y)

Can you please take a pair of scissors and give Rory Burns a severe hair cut. His ridiculous long hair enrages me. :mad:
Cheers - If he is fielding on the Boundary I will see what I can do ;) but I agree he looks a right state

Alistair20000

Cheers - If he is fielding on the Boundary I will see what I can do ;) but I agree he looks a right state
That would be an occasion when I would be ready with a “Your hair got in your eyes Rory” shout if he dropped a catch. Love a bit of banter at the cricket me.

I recall a fat fecker at the County Ground giving one of the Currans a fair bit of lip one year. Sam I think. It was bleddy cold and Sam had his hands in his pockets so matey had a bit to say about that. Sam turned round and riposted “If I was carrying as much fat as you I wouldn’t feel the cold”

In fairness matey laughed like a drain along with all the crowd in the vicinity.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
That would be an occasion when I would be ready with a “Your hair got in your eyes Rory” shout if he dropped a catch. Love a bit of banter at the cricket me.

I recall a fat fecker at the County Ground giving one of the Currans a fair bit of lip one year. Sam I think. It was bleddy cold and Sam had his hands in his pockets so matey had a bit to say about that. Sam turned round and riposted “If I was carrying as much fat as you I wouldn’t feel the cold”

In fairness matey laughed like a drain along with all the crowd in the vicinity.
I am all for a bit of Banter too, though you have to be so careful these days :rolleyes:.

I was at a match once and the person sat behind me said why have the fielding team all got the same name ? It was the the sponsors name on the back of the shirt before the names started to appear

Alistair20000

I am all for a bit of Banter too, though you have to be so careful these days :rolleyes:.

I was at a match once and the person sat behind me said why have the fielding team all got the same name ? It was the the sponsors name on the back of the shirt before the names started to appear
Cricket fans being Proper Chaps know where to draw the line

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
NZ's lead nears 300. Tricky situation for England now.

Alistair20000

299 to win as NZ bowled out.

All 4 results possible

Alistair20000

Mr Dozen has chosen a lovely day for cricket at the County Ground.

Hope he got there in time to see Sorry quickly finished off although Amla never came back after retiring with an illness.

The Toms Banton & Abel trying to shore up after a couple of early wickets went down.

We need Somerset to bat all day now and probably until lunch tomorrow to avoid a loss. Two centurions probably required.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mr Dozen has chosen a lovely day for cricket at the County Ground.

Hope he got there in time to see Sorry quickly finished off although Amla never came back after retiring with an illness.

The Toms Banton & Abel trying to shore up after a couple of early wickets went down.

We need Somerset to bat all day now and probably until lunch tomorrow to avoid a loss. Two centurions probably required.
It was indeed a lovely day - Somerset actually reaching 300.
I was there for Ball one right to the last Ball - a good days cricket and excellent weather

Minuses - Tom Lammonby poor shot to get out first ball off the change bowler and a crazy run out of Tom Abell

Pluses - Lewis Goldsworthy looks a useful prospect getting his maiden first class 50 (he is very tiny though) and the other Lewis (Gregory) really is a good bat never looked in trouble

Observation - Jamie Overton is sharp but bowls far too short the last two overs he bowled to Peter Siddle - Siddle only had to play at one :rolleyes:

Still think Surrey will win it but Somerset have made a fist of it.

Apologies Al I never managed to get to Rory's flowing locks however shout of the day from the crowd when Rory chased one down and prevented a Boundary
'She Fielded That One Well'

And as for England - Magnificent - Bairstow was brutal