• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Only three league starts though.
Bit as I said, he was underwhelming at Boreham Wood and spent most of the time on the bench or in the stands. Not good enough.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Orsi scored 1 goal in 10 league games. Four goals in the pizza trophy skew the stat you give. Other recent prolific NL goalscorers who failed in League Two: Rhys Murphy, Innih Effiong, Tyrone Marsh, Simeon Akinola, Mike Fondop
And if you want to back a little further, you friend and mine.......... Tim Sills.

SaintJames

That's an incredible signing for Taunton Town. Love the way they have done business over the last few years.
Why is it incredible? He looks like he may be playing at or around his level at the moment. Granted he might have the potential to play a little higher but at 21 if he was the real deal someone would have noticed by now?

And if you want to back a little further, you friend and mine.......... Tim Sills.
Scumbag. Always scored against us.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why is it incredible? He looks like he may be playing at or around his level at the moment. Granted he might have the potential to play a little higher but at 21 if he was the real deal someone would have noticed by now?
James Vardy was at Stockbridge Park Steels until he was 23 before being noticed by ... FC Halifax who paid £15k for him after Crewe had turned him down and Rotherham only offered a short term deal.

Bottom line is I'm sure City will have run their eye over him - I'd be very surprised if they didn't know what he was about by now.

SaintJames

James Vardy was at Stockbridge Park Steels until he was 23 before being noticed by ... FC Halifax who paid £15k for him after Crewe had turned him down and Rotherham only offered a short term deal.

Bottom line is I'm sure City will have run their eye over him - I'd be very surprised if they didn't know what he was about by now.
Vardy was in a professional Academy though at Sheff Wed and although there are a few exceptions like Ian Wright they are very few in number. As you say cant believe we wont know bout someone in a club we loan to?

DJG.ECFC

That's an incredible signing for Taunton Town. Love the way they have done business over the last few years.
Very good signing for Taunton, very good player. I follow Taunton and they need a striker, could be a perfect fit for sonny cox on loan

Bridgy 81

Very good signing for Taunton, very good player. I follow Taunton and they need a striker, could be a perfect fit for sonny cox on loan
Yes, I‘ve thought Taunton may be a good loan for Sonny as well.
Plus, I think they have a goalkeeper vacancy too.
Last season they had a young keeper on loan from Bristol City as Lloyd Irish their veteran goalie had left.
But it’s been announced this week that Irish has returned to add experience and some competition for the second keeper they intend to sign, but haven’t done so yet to my knowledge.
Maybe we could do them a Sonny Cox and Harry Lee double?

Average Joe

Personally I'd like Sonny Cox to be playing slightly higher. In Matt Taylors words, he's one of the best academy players he's seen. Torquay United would be me of a fit.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I'd like Sonny Cox to be playing slightly higher. In Matt Taylors words, he's one of the best academy players he's seen. Torquay United would be me of a fit.
If Cox signs for Torquay he's unavailable to train with us and also unavailable to play in the pizza trophy. This has tended to be why they go to Taunton, Tiverton, Dorchester etc. so we can monitor more closely