• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
But do you think his style would suit us?
More to the point, is he in any way related to the Jerky Turkey formerly of this parish ?

Grecian2K

More to the point, is he in any way related to the Jerky Turkey formerly of this parish ?
Ah, dear little roominalp. Whatever happen to him?
Did mumsy finally revoke her poor little soldier's internet privileges for good. Our did he just lose his way down in the murkier depths of NL South?
(Mind you, same could be asked about Soton Dull (and even Porkstain, the overgreased piglet)

C j phill

This is a brilliant game, proposing players we should recruit.

Anyone got any stats from previous pre-seasons, on the percentage of players "recommended" by Exeweb members which resulted in that player getting signed by the Club?

Bridgy 81

Anyone got any stats from previous pre-seasons, on the percentage of players "recommended" by Exeweb members which resulted in that player getting signed by the Club?
I took a more direct approach recently and messaged Marcus Flitcroft directly with a recommendation and received a nice reply back.
I’ll let you know if we sign my suggestion.

SaintJames

I took a more direct approach recently and messaged Marcus Flitcroft directly with a recommendation and received a nice reply back.
I’ll let you know if we sign my suggestion.
You really have to give it up for your health. Re-signing Richard Logan isn't going to happen :)

SaintJames

just rummaged through my list and it's as follows:

Intheknow84 0%
the rest of us equally not in the know on Exeweb 0%

Bridgy 81

You really have to give it up for your health. Re-signing Richard Logan isn't going to happen :)
Haha. It wasn’t Logie. He told us in a lockdown virtual Senior Reds Meeting that he has an online sweet selling business these days so presumably he’s probably still doing that?
He’s a very nice bloke. I spoke with him for a while at Colchester away last season. He was there with his family and said it was a local one for him so we’d have to factor in paying him relocation expenses too!

SaintJames

Haha. It wasn’t Logie. He told us in a lockdown virtual Senior Reds Meeting that he has an online sweet selling business these days so presumably he’s probably still doing that?
He’s a very nice bloke. I spoke with him for a while at Colchester away last season. He was there with his family and said it was a local one for him so we’d have to factor in paying him relocation expenses too!
I love Logie he deserves his place in our Hall of Fame imo. I buy sweets off him for my three boys (despite them being aged between 16-22 lol) and he always does good deals for City fans. You can message him on Facebook direct or through (Sugar Rush Sweet Boxes) but be mindful there are a number of others with the same company name :)

Grecian2K

but be mindful there are a number of others with the same company name :)
As, in a different context, poor old Neil Parrish recently found.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I have wondered what the contract situation is with Kabongo Tshimanga at Chesterfield. Now they aren't going up I wonder if he would be interested. I've always thought he could play at a higher level and would fit into our playing style well. Always seems to have a decent attitude too.