• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExmouthMart

If you don’t know what our actual one and only ‘Derby’ is, I’d go as far as to say you are not really a true ‘Red’…….. Bristol City/Rovers, Swindon, FGR, Cheltenham, Newport etc. are just local games in the grand scheme of things. Argyle are the biggest club in Devon with the most potential but Bristol City are bigger and trust me ‘The Gas’ are their biggest rivals regardless of Leagues! Bristol City v Cardiff is The Severnside Derby which makes sense.
Let people make up ‘Derbies’ but we all know the one that counts……..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I miss our Cathedral derby with York City :)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
But we play Truro most years😉

Memphis09

If you don’t know what our actual one and only ‘Derby’ is, I’d go as far as to say you are not really a true ‘Red’…….. Bristol City/Rovers, Swindon, FGR, Cheltenham, Newport etc. are just local games in the grand scheme of things. Argyle are the biggest club in Devon with the most potential but Bristol City are bigger and trust me ‘The Gas’ are their biggest rivals regardless of Leagues! Bristol City v Cardiff is The Severnside Derby which makes sense.
Argyle are not the biggest club in Devon we are UTC

grecIAN Harris

You wouldn't be on about the one against that lot from the outskirts of Torpoint, par chance?

Red Devon

The Cathedral derby with Lincoln is another good one :)

Spoonz Red E

Some Plymouth fans now seek alternative realities because they can't face up to the fact that since we took over our Club we've beaten them more times than they've beaten us. :cool:

jimmy

Did I once hear someone refer to our game with Northampton as 'the cathedral derby'?! :ROFLMAO:

jimmy

Did I once hear someone refer to our game with Northampton as 'the cathedral derby'?! :ROFLMAO:
Just seen the posts above! Apologies..

Spoonz Red E

When we played Stoke under Terry Cooper it was known as the Terence Trent Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.