• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First game of season prediction

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sheffield Weds. away. Dawson in goal.
So long as he doesn't come back with 'returning player scores against old club' syndrome........

Philecfc

Last time I think we started with Leeds and finished with Sheffield Wednesday. Let’s hope it’s easier this time. That lot down the road to start and Wednesday to finish

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last time I think we started with Leeds and finished with Sheffield Wednesday. Let’s hope it’s easier this time. That lot down the road to start and Wednesday to finish
Yes. Bound to be Argyle away to start, surely they won't put it on a bank holiday?

grecIAN Harris

Do you really think D&C Police are going to allow The Football League to start first season back up in League 1 with The Devon Derby be it home or away?

CC

Bolton away

IndoMike

Erm.... Let me think....:unsure:

Grecian2K

Got a horrible feeling that it'll be Ipswich away. Although geographically "southern" horrible place to get to at any time (at least by road) but even worse in "high summer".

In other games, given the fixture algorithm's love of pitching "giants v minnows" for game 1 (as with our trip to Elland Rd) I'd suggest that Derby v the Vegans is almost a cert.

fred binneys head

God I hope not, last time we played argyle on a Saturday in august I left Derby at 7am and missed the first 20 minutes of the game, then after the game didn’t get home until 1am 🤬

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you really think D&C Police are going to allow The Football League to start first season back up in League 1 with The Devon Derby be it home or away?
I'm sure the police would rather the games between us and Argyle never took place.

But I'm not sure any day is better or worse than another, except a bank holiday weekend when it might be inconvenient re. overtime and rosters and more likelihood of trouble. Would a Tuesday evening be better? I doubt it, remembering what happened at the JPT cup game in 2010 when the Plymouth hoolies attacked our fans in the dark after the game.

Colesman Ballz

But how much say do the police really have ? They do not produce the EFL fixture lists, so unless the Clubs collaborate with them with requests to the EFL around dates how does it come about ! I get that they can dictate early kick offs etc, which they can be pretty carp about with little or no regard for the convenience of fans, and being completely OTT, but exactly how much influence do they really need to have ?