• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Grecian Ed

Well back to my previous comment. The only two keepers I have heard discussed are Pym and Hamer. I would prefer the latter personally.

ExmouthMart

Alfie pond , Harry Lee , Sonny Cox have the potential to be the best group yet , Taylor’s words a few weeks ago . We need to be patient and see what happens in pre season . None of them will be thrust in league one straight away and all three will need more mens football next season . We learnt from the Amps deal how to keep hold of our key youngsters and give them longer contracts for more money , and theses boys are happy to stay and wait for there chance so I don’t get why we need to rush any of them . I would imagine we will get a loan in for Gk possibly Dawson if we can hang on and wait till end of pre season .
What Taylor says might be true but isn’t it part of his job to talk up the next best thing?! We desperately need academy players to come through and show bigger more wealthy Clubs they are worth investing big money in. The money that brings in enables us to sign players like Brown, Dieng and Nombe etc. That is the circle of life at Exeter City.

Trapdoor

That is the circle of life at Exeter City.
Hakuna matata

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hakuna matata
Hakayla Matayla

Intheknow84

When looking at the budget we should have if I got this Correct £230k more in TV money plus increased average gates prob upwards of 1000 per home game day at an average of £20 would be upwards of another £400k over the season so we must have a stronger budget this year….

Matt Russell

When looking at the budget we should have if I got this Correct £230k more in TV money plus increased average gates prob upwards of 1000 per home game day at an average of £20 would be upwards of another £400k over the season so we must have a stronger budget this year….
Your average of £20.00 is about £5.00 too optimistic.
Seniors, Young adults and Juniors also.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your average of £20.00 is about £5.00 too optimistic.
Seniors, Young adults and Juniors also.
Yes. You also need to take off the VAT which brings yield down to around £11 or 12. Even after you add on food and drink, programmes etc it's hard to get the average much above £15 per person per game.

Plus you can only spend 60% of your turnover on players' wages, though that's better than L2 where it is (?was?) 50%.

Against that L1 clubs get also get 50% more from the "Basic Award" and "Solidarity Payments" than in L2. This used to be (roughly) a combined £1.32M vs £0.9M. I don't know what the current figures are as it was all changed during Covid, I think the extra from the PL was IIRC only up to the end of this season. Not sure the origin of the £230K TV uplift figure?

And we still have transfer money coming in.

JCWhoosh

Yes. You also need to take off the VAT which brings yield down to around £11 or 12. Even after you add on food and drink, programmes etc it's hard to get the average much above £15 per person per game.

Plus you can only spend 60% of your turnover on players' wages, though that's better than L2 where it is (?was?) 50%.

Against that L1 clubs get also get 50% more from the "Basic Award" and "Solidarity Payments" than in L2. This used to be (roughly) a combined £1.32M vs £0.9M. I don't know what the current figures are as it was all changed during Covid, I think the extra from the PL was IIRC only up to the end of this season. Not sure the origin of the £230K TV uplift figure?

And we still have transfer money coming in.
And hopefully if we were to sell anyone we could ask for more as they were part of a promotion winning team (must add a little more value than if we were still in L2)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
And hopefully if we were to sell anyone we could ask for more as they were part of a promotion winning team (must add a little more value than if we were still in L2)
You don't really ask for more you just accept or decline an offer. We can put whatever price tag we want on any of our players under contract regardless of what division we're in. We will have a price for all our players. Josh Key is 1.4m. We were offered circa 1m previously and declined. If Sunderland, or another club, come back and offer 1.4m we'll sell.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don't really ask for more you just accept or decline an offer. We can put whatever price tag we want on any of our players under contract regardless of what division we're in. We will have a price for all our players. Josh Key is 1.4m. We were offered circa 1m previously and declined. If Sunderland, or another club, come back and offer 1.4m we'll sell.
Snoops not seen this said anywhere have you got a linky?