• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back, Jason. I have to ask you : Are you still a Raab fan or rather disappointed in his non-performance?
I think his stock has fallen somewhat without any real brief to get his teeth into, although he handled his stint as temporary PM when Boris was on life support with great dignity.

I'm now of the opinion that (as often happens) the next leader, whenever that is, will come from outside the immediate inner leadership circle.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think his stock has fallen somewhat without any real brief to get his teeth into, although he handled his stint as temporary PM when Boris was on life support with great dignity.

I'm now of the opinion that (as often happens) the next leader, whenever that is, will come from outside the immediate inner leadership circle.
I think so, too. With very many changes in the Cabinet. A new broom sweeps clean...etc,etc.

IndoMike

With 2 or 3 posters today stating categorically that they are sick to the teeth with Johnson, I was wondering what effect the Johnson regime is having on the health of the nation.
Being exposed to a constant feed of lies and bull turd can lead to frustration, anger, and resentment , none of which is good for the soul, the heart or the mind.

Mr Jinx

He and his ilk seem fixated on the activities in Durham and London
errr...i'd say it was much the opposite.

Alistair20000

Just thought I'd check - here's what the BBC said in 2011

Labour leader Ed Miliband is supporting the Yes campaign for changing the electoral system, believing it is fairer than the current situation and good for democracy and accountability.

Other senior figures such as Alan Johnson also support AV, but the party as a whole is divided on the issue, with more than 100 Labour MPs saying they oppose such a change.

Several current shadow cabinet members, including John Healey and Caroline Flint, as well former ministers such as David Blunkett, Lord Prescott and Margaret Beckett, are actively campaigning against AV.

Gordon Brown offered the Lib Dems a referendum on voting reform as part of their own coalition negotiations after May's election.

The party flirted with voting reform as an issue before coming to power in 1997, asking the late Lord Jenkins to head a review into the subject.

But his conclusions in 1998 were largely ignored and critics say Labour only returned to the issue when the party looked set to leave power.

The last two sentences are telling. And the party's diehard refuseniks like Blunkett, Prescott and Straw still held sway against what was obviously a weak leader. Interesting that the loathsome Flint was on the wrong side of the debate - not in the least bit surprising!

No art, not having that. :mad: You mean the fragrant Flint.

Alistair20000

To deflect from Grey watch out for these manoeuvres from Bunter the Big Dog:

1. Announces windfall tax on energy companies.

2. Orders The Dish to find money down the back of the sofa to help with energy bills.

3. Announces more aid to Ukraine.

4. Announces Carrie is up the duff.

Rosencrantz

2. Orders The Dish to find money down the back of the sofa to help with energy bills.

You have to feel sorry for Big Dog. Every time he turned up and grabbed a glass of bubbly, tables loaded by bottles of grog and party snacks, to address them on work issues he left before all the fun happened and no one told him that fun was going on, in the very same building. How was he supposed to know law breaking of his own laws was going on and making it look like he was misleading parliament when asked about it. And now all this fuss about trust. He must be the unluckiest PM in history.

IndoMike

5. Joins the International Brigade and sets off for Ukraine, armed with a pea shooter in one hand and a bottle of plonk in the other.

6. Declares Fridays to be National bonk and booze days.

7. Announces plans for the construction of a bridge stretching from Putney to Pakistan in an attempt to compete with the Chinese silk road.

Mr Jinx

Most. Boring. Party. Ever.

Party.JPG

It's like a lunch break at a speed awareness course.

Durham looked like much more fun!

Grecian2K

Well BooBoo was in classic form todays, both at PMQs and his so-called "apology" (aka "Everyone's Fault But mind")

Flailing his arms around and burbling incoherently like a toddler having a tantrum (or to odious Carol malone on Jerermy Vine's morning show)

Compare and contrast with SKS's measured, forensic and, dare one say, statesmanlike contributions...nd seriously ask yourself "Who would I trust more during these times of crisis"?