• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Personally I dont have time for anyone who lacks self control like Clarke. No point in him apologising after and blaming it it all on emotions. Load of bleddy codswallop. It's down to your lack of self control son, go get some anger management or some meds to reduce your testosterone.
As for the pitch invasion malarkey, there will always be a head banging aggressive brigade who will go on to cause trouble and not to celebrate. Only way to prevent is fencing people out or clubs spending a lot more on proper security. Either that or insist anyone under 25 going on the terrace takes a tranq then they all be asleep at the final whistle.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I dont have time for anyone who lacks self control like Clarke. No point in him apologising after and blaming it it all on emotions. Load of bleddy codswallop. It's down to your lack of self control son, go get some anger management or some meds to reduce your testosterone.
As for the pitch invasion malarkey, there will always be a head banging aggressive brigade who will go on to cause trouble and not to celebrate. Only way to prevent is fencing people out or clubs spending a lot more on proper security. Either that or insist anyone under 25 going on the terrace takes a tranq then they all be asleep at the final whistle.
I think there are extenuating circumstances for Clarke’s behaviour. It’s a miracle he’s come back to full time management at all following his recent serious personal issues and he needs to be cut some slack.

In general, people make mistakes and anyone who has the balls to hold their hands up and apologies deserve to be given another chance.

jimmy

The disorder creeping back into football is concerning.

The coked-up thugs that the world saw break into Wembley last summer was a national disgrace.

Incidents at Port Vale, Forest and Everton will result in action regarding pitch invasions.

If these idiots want to fight..get down your local boxing or rugby club (not the chiefs) and learn some discipline.

geoffwp

I think there are extenuating circumstances for Clarke’s behaviour. It’s a miracle he’s come back to full time management at all following his recent serious personal issues and he needs to be cut some slack.

In general, people make mistakes and anyone who has the balls to hold their hands up and apologies deserve to be given another chance.
I'll have to take your word on it Moomin, regarding Mr Clarke. I completely agree about folks making mistakes and having the courage to apologise, but far too often that apology is soon forgotten and old traits surface again and again. In a way it isnt the apology that counts as much as action to ensure it isnt repeated.

andrew p long

The only sure fire way of stopping pitch invasions is full security fencing. This may be forced on football if the sort of stuff we have seen this week continues.
Which is what MT sensibly said on the coverage - the only way the authorities can ensure that fans don't come on the pitch and assault each other/players is by fans being 'caged in - which no football fans want'.

Darrell Clarke was an accident waiting to happen. He was behaving like a ticking time bomb in the game at SJP. He was way out of his technical area for most of the game , including encroaching onto the pitch during play. He looked out of control to me and as if he shouldn't be on the touchline.
Of course he has been in a fragile state - away from the game for months due to what has been described as 'a close family bereavement'. Him being back for the most recent games has been sold as a good news/feelgood factor story. Increasingly it looks like a big mistake for him to have been in this position - as a result he has damaged his own reputation and standing. And his behaviour wasn't a good example to that minority of Vale fans who decided to assault an opposing player.

STURTZ

Which is what MT sensibly said on the coverage - the only way the authorities can ensure that fans don't come on the pitch and assault each other/players is by fans being 'caged in - which no football fans want'.

Darrell Clarke was an accident waiting to happen. He was behaving like a ticking time bomb in the game at SJP. He was way out of his technical area for most of the game , including encroaching onto the pitch during play. He looked out of control to me and as if he shouldn't be on the touchline.
Of course he has been in a fragile state - away from the game for months due to what has been described as 'a close family bereavement'. Him being back for the most recent games has been sold as a good news/feelgood factor story. Increasingly it looks like a big mistake for him to have been in this position - as a result he has damaged his own reputation and standing. And his behaviour wasn't a good example to that minority of Vale fans who decided to assault an opposing player.
I expect his apology was because he could see an incitement to riot accusation coming his way.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Makes you realise how far ahead we are of others.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Salford about to announce their 73rd manager since joining the EFL!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Salford about to announce their 73rd manager since joining the EFL!
Neil Wood is the lucky man

Red Devon

Swindon were poor going forward and lost because of it. McKirdy's head was all over the place and certainly not in the game. What happened at the end of the game to him was wrong but he didn't help himself during the game by rising to the bait thrown, literally at times, at him.
McKirdy did struggle to get into the game much and looked like he was actually laughing when he missed his penalty 😮 that said Swindon will struggle to keep hold of him this summer after the impact he’s had there this season.