• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 news 2021/22

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Northampton were bottom of my list of four so I’m delighted they’re out. Long ball, long throw, Wembley winning bastards.

C j phill

Mansfield were lucky to finish with 11 on the pitch,the referee was weak and bottled the key decisions.who ever wins out of vale and swindon will have too much for the stags
Whenever Madley has reffed us, I've been completely unimpressed and bottler seems completely the right definition of him. Given he's an ex Premier official, I was shocked at how bad he was, the first time I saw him ref us.

DB9

Forgot to mention last night, I thought the atmosphere at Sixfields was very subdued throughout the game, Most of the noise was coming from the Mansfield end, Even before any goals scored, One thing that comes across from SJP on the radio is the crowd noise.

sign of the chimes

Vale equalise on aggregate - looked suspiciously offside to me, though watching with the sound off so don't know if I missed something. Goal came straight after a handball in the area at the other end...

Edit - looks like he may have been played onside by one of the defenders.

DB9

Sitter missed by PV, A good shout for a penalty for Swindon and a possible offside goal for PV, Looking a much better match than last night and only 10 mins gone.

Bridgy 81

I didn’t realize Matt Taylor was on duty this evening at Port Vale until I saw him speaking at halftime.
Does he ever take any time off?
Surely he’s due a holiday sometime soon.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn’t realize Matt Taylor was on duty this evening at Port Vale until I saw him speaking at halftime.
Does he ever take any time off?
Surely he’s due a holiday sometime soon.
Needs the dosh - he's got a bun in her oven !

DB9

Wonder how much punditry pays?

DB9

Much better game than last night.

DB9

PV manager sent off after a touchline kerfuffle.