• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Definitely our Matt Taylor and not the one at Walsall? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

tonykellowfan

If we keep / improve the same squad we might do the double promotion we have done before and could be in the Championship by then !
If Ollie gets transferred maybe we will have more £s to strengthen or even bring Cam back !
UTC
I have seen few posts and heard comments like this. We need some perspective here. Our current first XI is a lower half of the table L1 side, unless we add some X factor players we are not going to be in the top half.

eurogrecian

According to a Charlton fan on the football forum, the local journo has said Taylor is under consideration for the job.
They can consider what they like. Charlton need Taylor more than Taylor needs Charlton.
Whole new vista opening up at City next season, I'd be surprised if he walked.
I'm sure he'll be linked with every vacancy over the summer and rightly so (as he would say!)

Memphis09

I have seen few posts and heard comments like this. We need some perspective here. Our current first XI is a lower half of the table L1 side, unless we add some X factor players we are not going to be in the top half.
Nor are Charlton

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't see MT leaving yet, I think he will want to consolidate us in League 1 and he said in the recent interview he is about to become a father, would now be a good time?

As someone mentioned before, Tisdale made a big mistake in staying too long, he could have gone to a number of Championship clubs and now it's likely he won't manage in the football league again.

Hopefully MT guides us to a decent finish next season, then if someone comes in for him it might be the right time.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Most sensible post I have seen in a while.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

There is no way that Charlton will gamble on a young league 2 manager.

SaintJames

yes and no. Look at Luton and see what is possible

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is no way that Charlton will gamble on a young league 2 manager.
League 1 if you please.

denzil

Can't see MT leaving yet, I think he will want to consolidate us in League 1 and he said in the recent interview he is about to become a father, would now be a good time?

As someone mentioned before, Tisdale made a big mistake in staying too long, he could have gone to a number of Championship clubs and now it's likely he won't manage in the football league again.

Hopefully MT guides us to a decent finish next season, then if someone comes in for him it might be the right time.
Tisdale in the frame (as are many) for the position at FGR !