• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planning application for new training ground facilities

Andy_H

Knew you'd be on the ball Andy. (y)
'We' got in as soon as the list was published, but there again we did have prior knowledge of the sort of items that would be on the list.
That certainly won't be our last 'purchase', judging by the amount of cans i've stored today!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is the list available somewhere?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
'We' got in as soon as the list was published, but there again we did have prior knowledge of the sort of items that would be on the list.
That certainly won't be our last 'purchase', judging by the amount of cans i've stored today!
Only to increase in the coming weeks Andy, Either a celebration of our promotion or a drowning our sorrows "Wake" if we don't go up, Cans will be used for either. I think if you "Advertise" where the money is going (For the equipment at the new C&F) as well more people might even be more than happy to bring their cans in and grow that bank balance? For me what you'll do is make a real "We helped with this" attitude when its all done and dusted, When the videos of the new place are up and running with stuff kitted out by your Cans for City fundraising the fans i'm sure will see this and think "I helped with getting this or that" even in this small way its what we do best as a club and fans.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Devon Live article telling us not much more than we knew already https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/contracts-set-signed-soon-exeter-6943449

Andy_H

Only to increase in the coming weeks Andy, Either a celebration of our promotion or a drowning our sorrows "Wake" if we don't go up, Cans will be used for either. I think if you "Advertise" where the money is going (For the equipment at the new C&F) as well more people might even be more than happy to bring their cans in and grow that bank balance? For me what you'll do is make a real "We helped with this" attitude when its all done and dusted, When the videos of the new place are up and running with stuff kitted out by your Cans for City fundraising the fans i'm sure will see this and think "I helped with getting this or that" even in this small way its what we do best as a club and fans.
DB9,
While i am grateful for your support and reply can i please point out that there are many other ECFC Supporter groups involved in this C&F 'Kit out' project.

Rather than clog up this thread i'll reply in more detail over on the Can thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Budgets!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any news?

Thames Valley Red

DB9,
While i am grateful for your support and reply can i please point out that there are many other ECFC Supporter groups involved in this C&F 'Kit out' project.

Rather than clog up this thread i'll reply in more detail over on the Can thread.
Could we take it it to the next level and organise collection points across major towns and then put the wish list up. Work with a recycling business and works as a partnership. I did this in a warehouse facility with 2000 people on site. The company makes revenue that goes towards the colleagues events and benefits win-win

Andy_H

Could we take it it to the next level and organise collection points across major towns and then put the wish list up. Work with a recycling business and works as a partnership. I did this in a warehouse facility with 2000 people on site. The company makes revenue that goes towards the colleagues events and benefits win-win
If it's that easy then it's over to you then TVR to organise, after all you have the 'experience'. I have other things to do with the rest of my live and already spend a fair bit of my time sorting and storing cans. Cans4City is primarily a, 'local to Exeter area' scheme, if for no other reason than we recycle our cans through Exeter City Council who pay us a favourable rate, go to a scrappy and you'll be lucky to get half what we currently get from ECC as the scrappy has to make a profit and isn't there to benefit ECFC.

Thames Valley Red

If it's that easy then it's over to you then TVR to organise, after all you have the 'experience'. I have other things to do with the rest of my live and already spend a fair bit of my time sorting and storing cans. Cans4City is primarily a, 'local to Exeter area' scheme, if for no other reason than we recycle our cans through Exeter City Council who pay us a favourable rate, go to a scrappy and you'll be lucky to get half what we currently get from ECC as the scrappy has to make a profit and isn't there to benefit ECFC.
You have to love social media, people seem to take offence too easily. On an industrial level supply chain companies have even found a way to make money from recycling polystyrene, for someone that has spent my working life in the not so glamourous industry the changes in supply chain in recent years are fab. Closed loop supply chain networks for cardboard for example is great to see. Sustainability policies to become more eco are now at Board Level in many companies as a strategy. Am happy to put you in touch with businesses that would help expand your great network. Feel free to PM. Happy to share rates to see how they compare. The scheme we have is brilliant. How about about extended it down to other parts of Devon, under a Council branded partnership. we can then tap into the loyalty of our rival fans. :)