• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
As good as an excuse as I am going to get...

Banned by the BBC! Scrap the licence fee 😉
Have you been raiding Grandad's record collection again?🤫

Rosencrantz

Have you been raiding Grandad's record collection again?🤫
Still got his military band CDs which I listen to in the car every now and then.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Customers ringing you up at 19.30 asking for prices on things they should have had done 2 months ago and their MOT is due tomorrow and their vehicle will fail if I dont get it sorted asap.

Do I ring you up at 19.30 asking if you can come round tomorrow morning and decorate my front room before dinner time ?? No I friggin dont because if I need it sorting out I would ring you during normal working hours.

Nowhere I know holds the parts for a 1953 MG Magnette at 19.30hrs.

Oldsmobile-88

Just checking for a potential upcoming visit to Santa Monica. Entry to the US by air still requires a negative Covid test a day before departure even if fully vaccinated(3 jabs) !
If you cross the land borders from Canada or Mexico, you do not need to take a test !
This is total nonsense, a unnecessary expense & worry for anyone travelling.

Alistair20000

Telegraph article headed Poundsbury instead of Poundbury but they use the correct spelling in the article itself.

Colesman Ballz

Telegraph article headed Poundsbury instead of Poundbury but they use the correct spelling in the article itself.
I remember many years ago the curious case of a village called Peas Pottage in West Sussex. There was a guerrilla campaign to have the name hanged to Pease Pottage which was thought to be more historically correct. However this was met with total intransigence by "the powers that be". Consequently some Herbert added the missing 'e' to all road signage and signs in the village itself, with just two exceptions, the high level sign above the village Post Office and the Parish Church notice board, leading to the suspicion that the "culprit" was both religious and somewhat short in stature ! Officialdom eventually relented and revised the spelling.

Antony Moxey

Just checking for a potential upcoming visit to Santa Monica. Entry to the US by air still requires a negative Covid test a day before departure even if fully vaccinated(3 jabs) !
If you cross the land borders from Canada or Mexico, you do not need to take a test !
This is total nonsense, a unnecessary expense & worry for anyone travelling.
Might make a nice road trip if you go to Mexico then drive up the West Coast to SM? Or fly to Vancouver and drive down?

fred binneys head

The way the lyrics are sung on Daft Punk's 'One More Time'

You know we're gonna do it right-ah

Tonight-ah

Alright-ah

You can't stop-ah

The -ah after every line causes me to burst a blood vessel in my eye, every time

Oldsmobile-88

Might make a nice road trip if you go to Mexico then drive up the West Coast to SM? Or fly to Vancouver and drive down?
I was thinking about Vancouver & visiting a mate in Seattle on the way down.

StroudGrecian

The way the lyrics are sung on Daft Punk's 'One More Time'

You know we're gonna do it right-ah

Tonight-ah

Alright-ah

You can't stop-ah

The -ah after every line causes me to burst a blood vessel in my eye, every time
Not a fan of The Fall then? :)