• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained List

Average Joe

A total of eight players have been released at the end of the season, consisting of three senior players and five under-23s.

Four loan players have returned to their parent clubs, while one member of the squad remains in contract talks.

Players released:
  • Nigel Atangana
  • Callum Rowe
  • Colin Daniel
  • Ben Seymour
  • Jordan Dyer
  • Jack Veale
  • James Dodd
  • Ellis Johnson
Players in contract negotiations:
  • Jonathan Grounds
Players returning to parent club:
  • Cameron Dawson
  • Padraig Amond
  • Offrande Zanzala
  • Kieran Phillips
Players under contract:
  • Jake Caprice
  • Jack Sparkes
  • George Ray
  • Sam Stubbs
  • Matt Jay
  • Archie Collins
  • Sam Nombe
  • Josh Key
  • Tim Dieng
  • Kyle Taylor
  • Sonny Cox
  • Jevani Brown
  • Harry Lee
  • Pierce Sweeney
  • Harry Kite
  • Josh Coley
  • Nelson Iseguan
  • Alex Hartridge
  • Jack Arthur
  • Cheick Diabate
  • Scott Brown
  • Alfie Pond
Matt Taylor has spoken to each of the released players individually and has thanked them for their contribution to Exeter City, and we all wish them well for their future careers.

Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Average Joe

surprised to see Dyer and Rowe leave, I'd have thought they would have gone out on loan as both potentially are not bad players

robchave

Shame about Callum Rowe, but I would expect us to be targeting an experienced central midfield play-maker.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Desperately disappointed for Callum Rowe.

Thought he was exceptional in the win over Stevenage. Absolutely get that one swallow doesn't make a summer and all that but though he oozed quality on the ball and, on that basis alone, was worth persevering with.

Hope he bounces back, but must be tough getting released by Villa, and then Exeter, in successive seasons.

Memphis09

surprised to see Dyer and Rowe leave, I'd have thought they would have gone out on loan as both potentially are not bad players
Not dyer but surprised by Rowe

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rowe was brought in as a LB/LWB and did nothing to push for that place. Wanted to play in midfield and was tidy for a game or 2 but we have quality there already and I suspect will make an additional signing or 2 which would block his path further.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really surprised about Rowe. Unless he was on mega bucks he was a decent squad player

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rowe was brought in as a LB/LWB and did nothing to push for that place. Wanted to play in midfield and was tidy for a game or 2 but we have quality there already and I suspect will make an additional signing or 2 which would block his path further.
I get all this and accept that Matty T is probably just being pragmatic.

But, genuine question, were you at the Stevenage game? I only ask coz I though Rowe was much more than 'tidy' in that particular game. Impressed me as much as Grimes on his debut against AFC Wimbledon.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really surprised about Rowe. Unless he was on mega bucks he was a decent squad player
Wasn't he the 1931 player? If so, altogether more likely he wasn't on much at all.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't he the 1931 player? If so, altogether more likely he wasn't on much at all.
Josh Coley = 31