• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets - 2022/23 - on sale

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
So long as it doesn't exceed capacity why would there be a limit?
Cash flow

sign of the chimes

Cash flow
Surely cashflow would be the reason for not having a limit? ST income is a guaranteed stream - if you've got all of that sorted up front you shouldn't have issues with cash flow unless you're being badly run.

Colesman Ballz

Surely cashflow would be the reason for not having a limit? ST income is a guaranteed stream - if you've got all of that sorted up front you shouldn't have issues with cash flow unless you're being badly run.
Sadly that is the problem, a club overspends during the season, tries to get the season ticket cash in early to pay the debts, then has no money to fund the wages in the off season and ends up begging for a PFA loan as a bale out. That then brings an embargo on signings of course and you end up in an unholy mess ! Sadly we have been there, done that and got the T Shirt ! Never again ! :(

Memphis09

Sadly that is the problem, a club overspends during the season, tries to get the season ticket cash in early to pay the debts, then has no money to fund the wages in the off season and ends up begging for a PFA loan as a bale out. That then brings an embargo on signings of course and you end up in an unholy mess ! Sadly we have been there, done that and got the T Shirt ! Never again ! :(
Agree those were dark days but now we are a well run club
The more season tickets we can sell now the more cash may be available for new players
Does anyone know how many season tickets the club budgeted for or even thought they would sell

Thames Valley Red

Just renewed 3 season tickets, I also think the club should create a community forum for donating matches from a season ticket not being used to people in the community that might be able to go. I only make 50% of home games, to show my support for the club financially. I would be happy to donate a space for someone to pay a lesser price to get in. That way the club still makes some marginal revenue from an extra ticket ale and they get the revenue. For example I pay £13 to stand overall, but how about I put a ticket in the pot for someone to buy at reduced price, say £10. The club make some marginal revenue. This would also make sure the ground is full to capacity, and people get to see games. Or alternatively, a method to release the season ticket space if you know you definitely cant make it. I noticed many empty seats on sell-outs. That way the club makes more money as well.

simcity

Just renewed 3 season tickets, I also think the club should create a community forum for donating matches from a season ticket not being used to people in the community that might be able to go. I only make 50% of home games, to show my support for the club financially. I would be happy to donate a space for someone to pay a lesser price to get in. That way the club still makes some marginal revenue from an extra ticket ale and they get the revenue. For example I pay £13 to stand overall, but how about I put a ticket in the pot for someone to buy at reduced price, say £10. The club make some marginal revenue. This would also make sure the ground is full to capacity, and people get to see games. Or alternatively, a method to release the season ticket space if you know you definitely cant make it. I noticed many empty seats on sell-outs. That way the club makes more money as well.
You can inform the club that you aren't able to make it and they can cancel the ticket and then resell it.

I've done it a few times this season with my son's ST who didn't come to evening games but upgraded the ticket to an adult one for a friend and paid the difference.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only really applicable to all ticket matches, and seats the rest of the numbers are monitored thorugh the turnstiles so if Big Bankers don't attend the doesn't really affect pay on the day supporters, but good idea as seats bring in more income

Spoonz Red E

Maybe, but there has to be a limit to how many ST'S are for sale.
Maybe Spoonz can enlighten us.
There's a judgement to be made for sure.

A high level of season ticket sales is good because of:
  1. cash flow - a lot of money in the bank nice and early
  2. positivity - confirmation that there is a good feeling among supporters going into the season
  3. other matchday income - if the ticket is already paid for the supporter is likely to be more well disposed to purchasing other stuff on matchday (shop, hospitality, beer etc.)

Against this you still need to leave a viable choice of options for the pay-on-the-day, shift worker or impulse supporter.
It's good to have a variety of seats left available (particularly groups of two to four seats)

And pay-on-the-day support maintains the income stream with more money per match spent on admission.

I can't see that there will be a squeeze on Big Bank availability but consideration may have to be given to seating options.

It's a good position to be in and the Club have been pretty good in grabbing attendance data for the last few years which will help with any decision if needed.

For the moment however it's full speed ahead with sales and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Some good ideas there TVR.

We do it to some extent but there's certainly room for improvement in the management of unusable tickets and cancellations.

iscalad

So long as it doesn't exceed capacity why would there be a limit?
Well, duh.
Hell of a lot of fans can't make every home match is one reason
POTG generates more income per ticket is another.
2500 STs would be great.