• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whoever we sign I'll be more patient before judging than I was last summer. I was less than impressed with Jevani's record and Dieng could get straight back on the bus to Southend as far as I was concerned, after 2 consecutive relegations he was clearly not the answer to our centre midfield problems!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was impressed with both the big lads who played upfront for Vale on Saturday, their names I cant remember. They held the ball up well with their backs to goal and always found a team mate with sharp one/two touch football. They were also a handful for our normally dominant centre halves. I'd be happy to sign either of them if they're available, and assuming Vale don't go up this wouldn't be unfeasible.

StudentGrecian

Brown isn’t and never will be a striker. Nadesan very much is a striker so you’d expect him to outscore Jevani.
Okay, Dom Telford. 107 league apps and only 13 goals before this year.
Presumably you guys would have written him off last year considering his record was worse than Nadesan’s?

The point is, stats aren’t everything.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
As an aside it's interesting that Preston are not looking for offers for Jordan Storey.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was impressed with both the big lads who played upfront for Vale on Saturday, their names I cant remember. They held the ball up well with their backs to goal and always found a team mate with sharp one/two touch football. They were also a handful for our normally dominant centre halves. I'd be happy to sign either of them if they're available, and assuming Vale don't go up this wouldn't be unfeasible.
Plainly, James Wilson's star isn't in the ascendancy it once was – he scored twice on his Man U debut – but, nevertheless, I'd imagine he's on serious money; probably more than anyone at SJP.

SaintJames

Luke Norris of Stevenage you heard it hear first as the saying goes :)

Bootroom

Shamal George 🧤

SaintJames

Shamal George 🧤
45 appearances all in League Two. For me he isnt yet ready to step up as vastly inexperienced. Cam has shown us the benefit of experience and I trust Scott Brown will deliver someone suitable.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Luke Norris of Stevenage you heard it hear first as the saying goes :)
Swindon mates say:

“50p head”

“lower league 2 striker not league one”

“only scored pens”

Will probably end up banging in loads then 😂

Would rather Telford

Tim Long

I'd wager it may even be before that. There were one or two people on the parade tonight who looked like they knew their fate.
I have no idea who you could mean. However, I did see The Undertones on the tour this T-shirt commemorates. City had only had two promotions at the time.

[see no more.png