• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Title Deciding Exeter City versus Port Vale Matchday Thread

Exehausted

OK.Thanks and will do.
Further to my previous post, Dawlishbuoy has now posted the entire squad history on the Statistics and club History thread. Another fantastic read. Sonny made 8 plus 8 sub appearances in the League for W-S-M scoring 5. He came on as a sub in the play-off game and scored.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
[QUOTE="Exehausted, post: 2086749, member:.

Further to my previous post, Dawlishbuoy has now posted the entire squad history on the Stats thread. Another fantastic read.
[/QUOTE]

OK. Thanks Had to do a bit of eye scanning to find Sonny Cox but I can see he scored some goals. I'll try the Stats threads.
It's obviously a big jump from his current league to League One, but if he's ready: great.

Red Devon

Squeezebox

Well that brought a shiver up the spine and suddenly things don't look so bad. What a great gesture by Port Vale, well done them!

Red Devon

Well that brought a shiver up the spine and suddenly things don't look so bad. What a great gesture by Port Vale, well done them!
Yes it was something I wasn’t expecting 👍🏻 Apparently we left a box of beer in the Vale dressing room for them.

andrew p long

there was a great thing by City to Port Vale too, shown on Quest. A Port Vale twitter showing the congratulatory card and (alcoholic!) drinks left by City in the Port Vale dressing room.

Port Vale tweeted 'what class' with the picture of the card and beer. Quest people echoed that sentiment.

(just the tiniest part of me thought that the gift was literally of 'small beer' for getting to the play offs!)

fred binneys head

That was a classy gesture by Vale, well done to them. Lovely to see so many players give a hug or pat on the arm to Darryl Clarke too.

Grecian Max

Rosencrantz and I were talking after the game yesterday and the idea that maybe we already we had one in our midst with a bit of coaching and understanding in Josh Coley. He certainly has the movement and pace in him, it's just about moving his game 10-15 yards further forward and tweaking and adapting a little.
I think it’s a good shout and he needs to adapt his game to be able to be considered for a regular spot. Good first year for him and he deffo has the ingredients of a potential forward…

Grecian Max

Didn’t nombe play league one for Mk dons and Luton ?
He did but being proven and playing a few games is a different thing. My point was is that he is proven at League 2 for certain now, same can’t be said for the 2 divisions above.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anti climax yesterday but the main thing is promotion has been achieved and everyone involved should feel proud of themselves.

I blame Harris that we didn't win the trophy. He's been getting my hopes up since February.