• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have a look at his winner in today’s game to clinch Taunton’s promotion to Conference South if you can find it.
He looks very decent to me and is only 21. I reckon he could be worth a punt for us.
Perhaps I’ll message the club. Who’s in charge of recruitment?
Marcus Flitcroft I think. Foulston has certainly got a sweet left peg on him.

Bridgy 81

Thanks,
I’ll message him. You heard it here first!

Bridgy 81

I‘ve sent a message to Marcus.
Jay could be a good player for us, in my view.
I’ll be interested to see what, if anything happens.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Conference final won't be at Wembley!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Take your binoculars. Horrible stadium to watch football in.

Oldsmobile-88

Gateshead won the NLN Title this afternoon, so are back in footballs 5th tier

‘The Heed’ were demoted from the NL in 2019 due to financial irregularities.

Oldsmobile-88

9,198 at Chesterfield this afternoon for the game against Stockport, who brought 2,632 fans.

Country won 1-0, they look odds on for the title now after their slip up at home to Borham Wood on Saturday, though they still have to play nearest rivals Wrexham at The Racecourse Ground next Wednesday.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Altrincham have announced they will be full time from next season.

Bridgy 81

I‘ve sent a message to Marcus.
Jay could be a good player for us, in my view.
I’ll be interested to see what, if anything happens.
Just thought it would be courteous for me to mention that I got a very nice reply back from Marcus to my message recommending we look at Taunton’s young left back Jay Foulston.
He said that he was aware of him (which to be honest I was expecting as he’s played well for a local and successful team we’ve loaned to this season) but he also seemed to genuinely appreciate that fans keep their eyes open and encouraged us to contact him if we think we see someone who maybe of interest to him.
It may come to nothing but it won’t stop me getting in touch again if I think I’ve ‘spotted’ someone and things like this contribute to making me feel even more part of the club.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just thought it would be courteous for me to mention that I got a very nice reply back from Marcus to my message recommending we look at Taunton’s young left back Jay Foulston.
He said that he was aware of him (which to be honest I was expecting as he’s played well for a local and successful team we’ve loaned to this season) but he also seemed to genuinely appreciate that fans keep their eyes open and encouraged us to contact him if we think we see someone who maybe of interest to him.
It may come to nothing but it won’t stop me getting in touch again if I think I’ve ‘spotted’ someone and things like this contribute to making me feel even more part of the club.
That is fantastic to hear the appreciation of the recommendation. I do think this sort of response sums up our club now very nicely. A team effort from everyone.