• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Cowshed Grecian

as does every other manager at every other club. It's what managers do and Matt has said nothing remotely different than other managers in saying thank you for your efforts! There is nothing else to read into those comments than what they are
You think what you want into it. No sentiment in football, those players were brought in for L2. Job done. Whole different equation now I expect him to be on the full front bringing in better players on loan.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you think he’s not good enough…ok, but if we have Stubbs (23) Hartridge (23) Dibiate (20) and possibly Pond (18) as a large part of our central defence next season, I wouldn’t say Grounds with his experience, calmness and ability to cover naturally on the left is at (34) too old.
I don't think so much as it's his playing ability but his legs. Stepping up another level when age is already beginning to find you out is going to be a bit too much for him I think.

jimmy

You think what you want into it. No sentiment in football, those players were brought in for L2. Job done. Whole different equation now I expect him to be on the full front bringing in better players on loan.
Better than Cam Dawson?

manc grecian

If you think he’s not good enough…ok, but if we have Stubbs (23) Hartridge (23) Dibiate (20) and possibly Pond (18) as a large part of our central defence next season, I wouldn’t say Grounds with his experience, calmness and ability to cover naturally on the left is at (34) too old.
The problem I have with Grounds is that his best quality is his composure and use of the ball when teams have let us have it. He hasn't had to do that much defending.I can't see many teams in league one sticking 10 behind the ball.

Not sure it's worth the risk of finding out 10 games in that it's a step to far

Bridgy 81

The problem I have with Grounds is that his best quality is his composure and use of the ball when teams have let us have it. He hasn't had to do that much defending.I can't see many teams in league one sticking 10 behind the ball.
That’s a good point to be fair.

Cowshed Grecian

Better than Cam Dawson?
You can have that one Jimmy

fred binneys head

Not sure it's worth the risk of finding out 10 games in that it's a step to far
I see where you’re coming from, but he had to defend at Northampton and did it bloody well.

sign of the chimes

as does every other manager at every other club. It's what managers do and Matt has said nothing remotely different than other managers in saying thank you for your efforts! There is nothing else to read into those comments than what they are
Watched the interview on YouTube.

Obviously I'm saying this with no knowledge of your situation but he's basically repeating the same statement every club puts on their website about their loanees when the retained players list is published at the end of the season, even if they know (a) deal/s are in the pipeline. I understand there might be material reasons why some might not be kept on (e.g. Dawson's wages), but I wouldn't be reading too much in to anything being said at this stage...

simcity

Would like to see Baker-Richardson come in as the main striking partner for Nombe!

Grecian Max

No way. He’s done a good job for us. He’s too old, not L1 standard. We need better.
You’re miles off with this - his class has been so important to us and has a year left in him for sure