• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Positive spin

Keep Grounds.
Grounds may have not got off to the best of starts to the season but in the latter half of the season he has turned in some much needed steady performances

rifraf

Keep Grounds.
Absolute must. Nailed on.

Trampus

Just sign a couple of strikers capable of putting the ball in the net, the rest of the current team will take care of the rest.

Cowshed Grecian

Keep Grounds.
No way. He’s done a good job for us. He’s too old, not L1 standard. We need better.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
After hearing MTs interview I’m expecting to leave this week:
Zanzala
Phillips
Antangana
Dyer
Seymour
Grounds
Daniel
Dawson
Amond
Exactly how you have deciphered that from Matt Taylors interview I have no idea! He said the time honoured thanks to the four loanees and not a great deal else?

Cowshed Grecian

Exactly how you have deciphered that from Matt Taylors interview I have no idea! He said the time honoured thanks to the four loanees and not a great deal else?
Right if it’s not obvious the rest are all out of contract.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right if it’s not obvious the rest are all out of contract.
not sure I have a clue if you are referring to what Matt said in his interview?

Cowshed Grecian

not sure I have a clue if you are referring to what Matt said in his interview?
Well he clearly said goodbye to all four loanees.

Bridgy 81

No way. He’s done a good job for us. He’s too old, not L1 standard. We need better.
If you think he’s not good enough…ok, but if we have Stubbs (23) Hartridge (23) Dibiate (20) and possibly Pond (18) as a large part of our central defence next season, I wouldn’t say Grounds with his experience, calmness and ability to cover naturally on the left is at (34) too old.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well he clearly said goodbye to all four loanees.
as does every other manager at every other club. It's what managers do and Matt has said nothing remotely different than other managers in saying thank you for your efforts! There is nothing else to read into those comments than what they are