• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Title Deciding Exeter City versus Port Vale Matchday Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I take it we weren’t good today then?
We were OK. Just never looked like scoring and they scored from their only chance. Not a fan of caprice down the left at home and would've started with nombe.

Meh

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take it we weren’t good today then?
Not terrible, just very flat, especially in the second half. Given a point would have been enough for Vale, the least Aaron Martin could have done was stick one in his own net to make his old team happy.

Topsham Boy

All a bit of a damp squib. Didn't have the force or craft to get past a well organised defence.

Happy summer everyone
Yup….a much stronger strike force is a priority.

haka

We've all celebrated promotion and a fantastic season on a hundred other threads, people are entitled to feel flat on this one.

Positivity is great but let us kick the furniture for a few minutes first. (Not the cat though, don't kick the cat, just the cushions).

arthur

Tbh if we hardly ever trouble their keeper and win virtually no crosses in their box we probably don't deserve to be champions. But autos is a fantastic achievement.

Didn't like that selection. Nombe and Grounds should both have started. The latter was superb again and must be retained. Please don't play Diabate on the left except in emergencies and please don't sign Zanzala to play in League 1

STURTZ

All has to come down to their goal. I thought that Stubbs got an early knee injury and wasn't really fit to stay on the pitch. Looked out of sorts.

Mr Jinx

West Country 1,2,3

whodathunkit

Antony Moxey

Goods: the weather, the crowd, we’re still promoted, perhaps it’ll now shut Harris up from being such a smug tosser.

Bads: everything else.

STURTZ

Also thought that playing Caprice didn't work, he was good up there on the left but today they had him sussed.

manc grecian

Goods: the weather, the crowd, we’re still promoted, perhaps it’ll now shut Harris up from being such a smug tosser.

Bads: everything else.
I'd forgotten about Harris. Every ☁