• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Boyo

How do you know he’s not ready? He’s nearly 18 not 14.
Well, of course no one knows for sure, but the clues are that Ben Seymour got more L2 appearances than Sonny did this season, and when we needed a striker to step in for an injured Nombe, we got Zanzala in on loan, and when he got injured we got Phillips on loan. That doesn't suggest to me that Cox is anywhere near ready for L1 yet. Obviously, I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Course not, Hamers definitely one for the future.
What I meant was that at 35 Hamer is not old for a keeper. Many of the best keepers have been in their prime in their mid 30's - Seaman, Shilton, Van de Sar, Neuer, Oliver Kahn, Peter Schmeichel.......the list goes on

Cowshed Grecian

Well, of course no one knows for sure, but the clues are that Ben Seymour got more L2 appearances than Sonny did this season, and when we needed a striker to step in for an injured Nombe, we got Zanzala in on loan, and when he got injured we got Phillips on loan. That doesn't suggest to me that Cox is anywhere near ready for L1 yet. Obviously, I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.
Not sure I think if we had of been mid table. We would of seen Cox and Pond feature.

Boyo

Not sure I think if we had of been mid table. We would of seen Cox and Pond feature.
Possibly.

On Andrew's thought that Cox isn't ready for L1 football, I think the evidence I presented above is somewhat stronger than your "He's nearly 18, not 14".

Additionally, a quick scan through the Loan Report thread suggests that Cox has mainly been starting on the bench, although he has chipped in with some goals.

Cowshed Grecian

Possibly.

On Andrew's thought that Cox isn't ready for L1 football, I think the evidence I presented above is somewhat stronger than your "He's nearly 18, not 14".

Additionally, a quick scan through the Loan Report thread suggests that Cox has mainly been starting on the bench, although he has chipped in with some goals.
Who knows you can’t predict youth development. Plus he was on the bench for WSM who were going for the play offs in there league, so may well have opted for experience. All I’m saying is he’s not that young in terms of young footballers, and Taylor did say when Cox and Lee signed their pro deals he expected them to be involved this season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the Scum U18 clearout, Rhys Shirley could be one to pick up, at some stage he was rated and was one for the future according to the herald https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/rhys-shirley-plymouth-argyles-exciting-5830597

Not second striker perhaps but one of the four?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately there will be no chance that we can get Randall back on loan. The Peterborough chairmen has said recently how well they expect him to do for them in League One next year. He got himself fit right at the end of the season and came off the bench in the last few matches. The chairmen has also said that the Manager McCann has told him how good he thinks he is.

I expect him to do really well next season for Posh.
Apparently he's been transfer-listed.

Banksy

On the Scum U18 clearout, Rhys Shirley could be one to pick up, at some stage he was rated and was one for the future according to the herald https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/rhys-shirley-plymouth-argyles-exciting-5830597

Not second striker perhaps but one of the four?
Not poo pooing your post g-n-h but if he’s that good why haven’t they retained him?

Agent Andy

Not poo pooing your post g-n-h but if he’s that good why haven’t they retained him?
Injured all the time

Banksy

Injured all the time
Ah , thought there must have been a reason.