• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 21/22

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Defo need that Bus driver/new coach šŸ˜

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Defo need that Bus driver/new coach šŸ˜
Funny you should say that.
Kev's your man.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A young Kellow has just signed for the Academy, nephew of the late Tony.

Avening Posse

A young Kellow has just signed for the Academy, nephew of the late Tony.
Stick in straight into the first team to start at Northampton :)

andrew p long

disappointing end to the league campaign(s). Now all on for tomorrow's Devon Bowl final. Hope we manage to put out a strong team. I'd be tempted to include Cox (if available ) and would also have said Pond,but he may be needed for Saturday's squad.

Number13

When do we find out which of the "kids" have Pro deals and which will be released? Isnt that usually known before the end of the season?

Boyo

I had a little look at Pasoti earlier, primarily to wallow in our glory and their despair. There's an interesting thread on our promotion, with the usual spiel about how we're not important and they have a real rivalry with Bristol City and Pompey (despite not playing the former for a dozen years). One interesting thing I did note however was a consensus there that the Argyle academy is now superior to ours and hence we'd now struggle with our production line.

Does anyone who is closer to youth football have any insight as to what they've done and why they suddenly think their academy is better, or is it green tinted specs again?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had a little look at Pasoti earlier, primarily to wallow in our glory and their despair. There's an interesting thread on our promotion, with the usual spiel about how we're not important and they have a real rivalry with Bristol City and Pompey (despite not playing the former for a dozen years). One interesting thing I did note however was a consensus there that the Argyle academy is now superior to ours and hence we'd now struggle with our production line.

Does anyone who is closer to youth football have any insight as to what they've done and why they suddenly think their academy is better, or is it green tinted specs again?
I mentioned this the other day on another thread. I think they've invested a lot of time and money into their academy recently. Why that would affect ours I don't know, only that perhaps where we would have had the pick previously from Devon and Cornwall we may now not. I think its a bit extreme to say the flow of talent through our academy will now stop, as our tried and tested methods are still bearing fruit.

older-codger

How many of their first squad are from their academy / been sold on for over Ā£1 million? I thought Luke Jephcott was supposed to be their jewel but last time I looked at Pasotti after their 5-0, he seemed to be the first on their list to be released. The proof of the pasty is in the eating

Cowshed Grecian

Im Pretty certain us and Argyle are the same, the same category level. Iā€™m not going to bluff it and pretend Iā€™m an expert in the area of youth development, however Iā€™m pretty sure we had to beat them in U23 level earlier this season to qualify for the U23 group games. And itā€™s to do with what Level clubs are classed under.