• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I'm not big on signing ex city players but Norwood would be perfect. Work rate, quality, experience.

Dream big.
Ok , I will , in that case get Ethan back

Grecianpasty

Omar Bogle is out of contract. Had a good second half of the season on loan from Doncaster to Hartlepool. He would be the physical profile we need to compliment both Nombe and Brown's style of play.

sign of the chimes

Omar Bogle is out of contract. Had a good second half of the season on loan from Doncaster to Hartlepool. He would be the physical profile we need to compliment both Nombe and Brown's style of play.
I know your club has resurrected many careers but if you could realise Bogle's potential then it would be of Lazarus proportions. He seems to start well at most clubs before very quickly fading - he's got lots of attributes but has never really managed to join them up.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Hartlepool signed him on a 2.5 year deal in January.

He wouldn't be the type of player or character that MT would be looking at anyway.

Grecianpasty

Hartlepool signed him on a 2.5 year deal in January.

He wouldn't be the type of player or character that MT would be looking at anyway.
Ahh I thought he was out of contract with Doncaster. Zanzala will do 😉

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've all been assuming that Jonathan Grounds would be one of the players to leave but he was so good today I just wonder if we can get another season out of him.
Well I for one assumed that a while back. But the talk on this thread - 'how about George Friend because we could do with a LCB of experience as cover who could be relied on when called upon, has serious championship experience and will be good with developing the youngsters?' ed to two thoughts. First George Friend isn't available and secondly doesn't that job spec for Friend sound rather like the cv of Grounds.

MT seems to like his contribution too.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another one to add to Exeweb's list of carthorses that people think are good because they either a) big and strong, b) quick or c) both but when you actually watch them and look at their records really aren't worth talking about, 21 goals in 124 appearances since 2017 in Bogle's case.

Cowshed Grecian

Another one to add to Exeweb's list of carthorses that people think are good because they either a) big and strong, b) quick or c) both but when you actually watch them and look at their records really aren't worth talking about, 21 goals in 124 appearances since 2017 in Bogle's case.
[/QUOTE
Suspiciously the same as Zanzala’s 22 goals in 119 appearances. Carthorses must have have similar strike rates.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with this, the 3-5-2-1 has worked a treat this season in L2. Although perhaps we can’t be so predictable in league 1, I.e teams know we attack on the wings with the WBs, But IMO we haven’t looked right when we’ve looked to change it to 4 at the back. Imperative we bring in a proper LB and another proven striker. If we keep our core team from this season I’m backing us to be more than comfortable next season.
Err, the Harrogate comeback?!?

Cowshed Grecian

Err, the Harrogate comeback?!?
I’ll give you that one. In fact the Caprice/Coley link up on the right side was a huge part of the comeback.