• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecians - are you an MK Dons supporter for one day ?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was wondering that this year. We've clearly had a good number graduating from the youth to the first team (and beyond) over the last few years. I just hope it doesn't dry up
We've got development centre's all over Devon, and in Somerset and Dorset but I'm sure we used to have one in Newquay and one in Plymouth but don't anymore.

Anyone knowledgeable able to help?

On topic, I wanted Argyle to have a day at Wembley and get thrashed up there. I can't be dealing with MK Dons at all.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't we play our U16s against them, the older players were all getting experience elsewhere against more worthy opposition ! 😉
I hope this is true as it would explain the sudden turnaround in form

Rosencrantz

I hope this is true as it would explain the sudden turnaround in form
Most of our second year trainees have been out on loan this season, especially in the new year. Alfie Pond and Sonny Cox have barely played a YT game. Harry Lee has been in and out as has Charlie Hanson. Particularly in the merit league section it has been an u17 side with plenty of schoolboys mixed in. I think it is all part of Matt wanting the youngsters ready for the first team quicker so getting them out on loan quicker.

On the other hand, Argyle do seem to be improving. Competition though can often drive both teams on.

Cowshed Grecian

Most of our second year trainees have been out on loan this season, especially in the new year. Alfie Pond and Sonny Cox have barely played a YT game. Harry Lee has been in and out as has Charlie Hanson. Particularly in the merit league section it has been an u17 side with plenty of schoolboys mixed in. I think it is all part of Matt wanting the youngsters ready for the first team quicker so getting them out on loan quicker.

On the other hand, Argyle do seem to be improving. Competition though can often drive both teams on.
I don’t think we can complain too much, we’ve definitely taken our fair share of talent from Torquay folding their youth academy. Harry Lee is a Torquay fan 😂 I wonder if he may end on loan there next season.

denzel

Don't forget we beat them in the playoff for the Premier League Cup, so our boys got a lot more experience against the top academies

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

denzel

budegrecian