• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Start of Feb: FGR 8 points clear at the top, 18 points clear of City
Start of Mar: FGR 10 points clear at the top, 13 points clear of City
Start of Apr: FGR 4 points clear of City at the top
Start of May: FGR 1 point behind City :cool:
FGR have been top since 12th September.
That's 230 days of a 272 day season.
They were actually top from 15th August to 4th September previously so that's another 20 days.

250 out of 272 days...or 91.91% of the entire season.

And we're going to win it.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just got back, what a day of football! First, argyle complete their pathetic end of season capitulation by getting spanked 5-0 at home and then we go and grab a deserved draw at Northampton, with fantastic scenes in the away end, pyro and all.

Thought Grounds, Diabate and Dawson were excellent and Super Sammy showed us what we’ve been missing recently with a superb 30 minute cameo and a striker’s finish which was missing previously - Ozzie is a handful but he hasn’t got the striker’s instinct that Sammy has got. There was a similar opportunity about 10 minutes previously but caprices cross went to the keeper and no one made the front post run.

Overall, a superb day out and great to see Norman Collier do the business for us.

Bring on the Vale and the Championship next Saturday, which I clearly predicted many weeks ago if you remember.
I have the memory of a sieve, unless it's for people owing me drinks.

StroudGrecian

Just got back, what a day of football! First, argyle complete their pathetic end of season capitulation by getting spanked 5-0 at home and then we go and grab a deserved draw at Northampton, with fantastic scenes in the away end, pyro and all.

Thought Grounds, Diabate and Dawson were excellent and Super Sammy showed us what we’ve been missing recently with a superb 30 minute cameo and a striker’s finish which was missing previously - Ozzie is a handful but he hasn’t got the striker’s instinct that Sammy has got. There was a similar opportunity about 10 minutes previously but caprices cross went to the keeper and no one made the front post run.

Overall, a superb day out and great to see Norman Collier do the business for us.

Bring on the Vale and the Championship next Saturday, which I clearly predicted many weeks ago if you remember.
I knew someone had been brave enough to predict we'd finish top way back February but I couldn't remember who - well done fred! No-one else quite up to your crystal ball gazing!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tonight is as good as it getsish but great to hear our County cousins left their game early - did Wetherspoons have an offer on ?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
From our County cousins rag ;-

OL
oldgeezer196012 MIN AGO
Well at least there are some people happy , taken from an Exeter City forum .
Just seen the order of ceremonies for this illustrious event.
Main courses will include large potions of Humble Pie accompanied by sour grapes
Unfortunately, no lagers will be available but we have a large selection of bitters
By special request the playlist for the after dinner disco will be including
Roll Over, Lay Down - Status Quo
Giving It All Away - Roger Daltrey
5-4-3-2-1 - Manfred Mann
Strict dress code will apply
"Gentlemen" - Black Tie and matching armband
"Ladies" - Ditto, but with matching chokers

STURTZ

I knew someone had been brave enough to predict we'd finish top way back February but I couldn't remember who - well done fred! No-one else quite up to your crystal ball gazing!
Oh, was it GrecIan that said Forest Green were on the slide back in February? He's kept quiet about that.

dontpassback

Tonight is as good as it getsish but great to hear our County cousins left their game early - did Wetherspoons have an offer on ?

No they were all off to asders for their lotteries,in em

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh, was it GrecIan that said Forest Green were on the slide back in February? He's kept quiet about that.
Hey Sturtz - did anyone you know make any predictions back in August that turned out right?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Where's my tiny violin?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
For the first time ever I think I'm going to like watching Quest tonight - am I allowed a glass of bubbly ?
UTC