• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty good day! City go top.............................

....................while down at Gnome Park, Twine scores four and Argiggle get knotted!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
A couple of seasons ahead of yourself there possibly but nice dream!
One step at a time.😀I don't think it's completely out of the question winning a place in the Championship with the current set-up we have.

dontpassback

What a thoroughly entertaining day this has been,the mighty greens humiliated on live TV and city with a decent shout of being champions,you dream about these scenarios,but they don’t arrive very often,UTC !!!

CC

City with the chance to seal the title next week.
Literally no-one could have foreseen that 2 or 3 months ago. 😉

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I missed the build-up to Northampton's disallowed goal. Can anyone else who was watching on iFollow confirm whether it was definitely offside? Anyway, whether or not we got lucky, there is something particularly satisfying about scoring from a quickly taken free kick while the opposition are still complaining. Would love to know how many seconds there were between us picking the ball out of our own net and Nombe scoring at the other end; must have been less than a minute.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Super confident performance from City today, just needed someone to finish off several decent chances in the first half…Nombe’s finish was absolutely sublime in front of the crazy City support….Diabate superb at the back and my MoM 🔝 😊

DawlishBouy

Also a new club record for fewest away defeats in a League season.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grounds has probably played himself into a contract for next year if he didn't already have one.

Grecian Koala

City with the chance to seal the title next week.
Literally no-one could have foreseen that 2 or 3 months ago. 😉
I can think of one poster that was calling it !

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Something happened with a steward, not sure what.
He burst a beach ball.