• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Other than Friend I wouldn't want any ex player who's still in the game and a realistic signing to come back to us next season.

Cowshed Grecian

I appreciate your irony.
Ethan (in a dream world would be the business) but I suspect Joel would unfortunately spend more time on the treatment table at the Cat and Fiddle than on the pitch.
Yeah I think there’s serious underlying injury issues with Joel. Looking at it from a selfish city fan POV I think we did well to offload him for that money. Peterborough fans certainly aren’t pleased about who they spent their money on this season and where they’ve ended up.

Bridgy 81

Friend extended his contract for another season at Birmingham taking it up to the summer 2023. Maybe end of next season we could sign him but he will be 35 by then. Player coach perhaps, he seems like a switched on guy.
Yes, I realize his contract at Birmingham is until 2023, but Bowyer doesn’t seem to have played him much this season, so if he’s out of favour maybe there’s a deal to be done now.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
People saying we are ok for centre half's seem to forget we favour playing 3 at the back. Assuming Grounds won't be around that leaves us with only 4 recognised CBs. A left sided player who can actually play LB would be good if we're to play in a 4.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, I realize his contract at Birmingham is until 2023, but Bowyer doesn’t seem to have played him much this season, so if he’s out of favour maybe there’s a deal to be done now.
Let's hope so. He'd certainly add some much needed experience and quality to our centre halfs

Cowshed Grecian

Other than Friend I wouldn't want any ex player who's still in the game and a realistic signing to come back to us next season.
To be fair to Friend he’s probably one who will still be an excellent player into and past his mid thirties, he was never lighting quick, very intelligent, great left peg and composed.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair to Friend he’s probably one who will still be an excellent player into and past his mid thirties, he was never lighting quick, very intelligent, great left peg and composed.
One of his best attributes was his pace.

Cowshed Grecian

One of his best attributes was his pace.
I wouldn’t say he was ever rapid mate, he could shift for a unit of a bloke.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I‘m reluctant to say I mentioned George Friend on here sometime ago, as pointing out previous posts you’ve made seems to be the preserve of others, but I think he’d be perfect for us next year.
He knows us, is experienced and can play centre (left) back.
Problem is I think he has one year left at Birmingham but I don’t think he’s not been featuring often for them so maybe there’s a deal to be had.
signed by the previous manager and not rated by the current one. A deal for sure to be had as cover for Hartridge and mentor to the younger boys like Pondy

budegrecian

People saying we are ok for centre half's seem to forget we favour playing 3 at the back. Assuming Grounds won't be around that leaves us with only 4 recognised CBs. A left sided player who can actually play LB would be good if we're to play in a 4.
We've also got Alfie Pond coming through, who is very highly rated.