• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
How old is Wheeler now? Certainly the wrong side of 30. Bringing him back would go against the ethos of creating pathways for our youngsters to come through.
Not necessarily. Having an older player, such as Podge, who appreciates the model and doesn't expect to play week in week out but is ready to do a job when called upon and, in the meantime, can share some of his wisdom with the younger players can IMO help them progress through the ranks.

dontpassback

Yes I mentioned this on another thread when it was reported that he was going to leave Swansea at the expiry of his contract. As for being 34, I'm sure there are one or two Premiership standard keepers who are older than that .
Ben hamer would be a good shout if Dawson goes,experienced keeper

ryancooper327

Not necessarily. Having an older player, such as Podge, who appreciates the model and doesn't expect to play week in week out but is ready to do a job when called upon and, in the meantime, can share some of his wisdom with the younger players can IMO help them progress through the ranks.
I reckon Amond has had a huge impact of some of the younger strikers. Nothing to back up, just a hunch.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh my God there is some nonsense and stupidity on here.
Keeping Cam would be nigh on a miracle but Jokull?? Really?? That's nearly as bad a call as having Pymmy back. We're going up not standing still or going down
Wheeler, too old.
Randell Williams, you are having a laugh aren't you?? Flatters to device doesn't even start to describe him.
Stockley, it's nice dream but he is in his prime and banging in goals for fun as captain for an under performing Charlton. If he was to leave, there would be many more suited in front of us before we even talk about money.

grecIAN Harris

But he is still young enough to want and expect to be playing every week for one more season.

fred binneys head

But he is still young enough to want and expect to be playing every week for one more season.
Not in the football league he isn’t, that might make the difference.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Keeping Cam would be nigh on a miracle but Jokull?? Really?? That's nearly as bad a call as having Pymmy back. We're going up not standing still or going down.
I might be completely wrong about this, but it seemed to me Matt Taylor was a huge Jokull fan. Plainly, he'll do everything he can to get Cam back next season but if that's not possible I'd be pretty sure Jokull would be very, very close to the top of his wanted list.

grecIAN Harris

Not in the football league he isn’t, that might make the difference.
Yes he is, unless his fitness has gone off the rails at Wycombe. At 31 turning 32 this is his last season where he could expect to be a first choice player and if he didn't think that then I'd be questioning his attitude.

Cowshed Grecian

We should probably move on from signing former players to be fair, looking back I don’t think there’s many we’ve had back whom have worked out second time round. We are in a better situation now and like Taylor alluded too players will actually want to sign for us more nowadays.

Alistair20000

In the nostalgic wish to bring back players of old no mention yet of George Friend :censored: