• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

Bridgy 81

I thought the ref helped us out. It took an age for the restart after MJ's goal and he didn't pull us up on any time-wasting so fair play to him there.
True, but I have little sympathy as it was them who kept on to the ref about a possible foul or wrongly awarded throw which he was never going to overturn.
They should know that refs rarely add on enough injury time so should have rushed the kick off up themselves, nothing was stopping them.
I think we saw the game out very well and much better (cleverer) than I‘ve seen us do in the past.
I think the ref did book Jevani for time wasting.

Cowshed Grecian

I’ve always been a nervous watcher of ECFC, I recall for example those last few minutes after Ryan Harley scored against Huddersfield for us to stay in League One in our first season there last time was a nightmare for me.
But, although I was a little anxious last night after Matt Jay scored, I thought (admittedly against a team who weren’t threatening us too much) was a masterclass in how to see out a game.
Along with the team spirit, skill and physicality in our current squad we also seem to have that bit of nous which all successful teams need.
True that. Whoever we play I have often this season noticed how many times they’ve credited us with how good our “Game Management is” that’s instilled from Taylor I’m sure of it, he’s an intelligent guy. Especially our academy boys, they know when to use shithousery tactics when needed.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
True, but I have little sympathy as it was them who kept on to the ref about a possible foul or wrongly awarded throw which he was never going to overturn.
They should know that refs rarely add on enough injury time so should have rushed the kick off up themselves, nothing was stopping them.
I think we saw the game out very well and much better (cleverer) than I‘ve seen us do in the past.
I think the ref did book Jevani for time wasting.
Think Jevani got booked for flapping his gums, ref was looking to book someone for timewasting and I think Jevani protested a bit too strongly that Barrow had been taking years over each throw-in up til then

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think someone pointed out that at the Barrow throw in which led to the goal their player overstepped the line, and you can see that in the highlights, so they can stop moaning
You don't actually have to have both feet behind the line.

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
stand facing the field of play
have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

Anyway, who fecking cares!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed I do. I'm a bit tired and befuddled today - can't think why
Thinking too much about politics art ?

arthur

Thinking too much about politics art ?
Not a lot to think about in that department alas. You and I are mere spectators watching a government's doomed struggle against relegation....

Alistair20000

Not a lot to think about in that department alas. You and I are mere spectators watching a government's doomed struggle against relegation....
SJP last night was much better for spectators.

ryancooper327

Love the change in speed of throw ins/ goal kicks after we scored. I reckon from 45 to about 70 mins the ball is ‘in play’ for about 5 minutes.

Spoonz Red E

You don't actually have to have both feet behind the line.

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
stand facing the field of play
have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

Anyway, who fecking cares!
Based on the last phrase I think I've seen nothing but foul throws for several seasons.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Based on the last phrase I think I've seen nothing but foul throws for several seasons.
Just like to say a special Thank you to you Mike and the rest of the people behind the scenes ensuring that as many people got their tickets as was possible.

Spoonz another City Legend !!!