• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did anyone watch Sky Sports News last night. Wish I'd remembered to record it.
Did they have someone in the studio (hopefully Clinton) or at the ground?
Katie Shanahan at the ground. Went to her quite a few times, including off course when each goal went in and at the end. As others have said interviews with MT and Taggy on SSN.

(not sure that KS has been reporting at SJP for SSN before?)

tonykellowfan

We have quite a lot of luck this season but we have been robbed in the past so what goes around etc.

I still can't believe that the ref allowed the goal where Zanzala took out their keeper.

Grecian2K

Albeit with a throw in which wasn’t ours, was then taken incorrectly and possibly hand balled by Matt Jay before he scored!
You can, of course, always start a YouGov petition to get the EFL to rescind our promotion - on the grounds of "non-proper-chappery". I'm sure Dommers would sign. :p

Colesman Ballz

Katie Shanahan at the ground. Went to her quite a few times, including off course when each goal went in and at the end. As others have said interviews with MT and Taggy on SSN.

(not sure that KS has been reporting at SJP for SSN before?)
Iirc, a couple of seasons back there was a woman presenter who moaned about the wobbly nature of the scaffold tv gantry at the back of the IP stand, but I can't remember who she was ? :unsure:

contrabombarde

Iirc, a couple of seasons back there was a woman presenter who moaned about the wobbly nature of the scaffold tv gantry at the back of the IP stand, but I can't remember who she was ? :unsure:
Bleddy snowflakes, she should have been there when Chris Fear and co: used to go up the old rickety ladder in the cowshed which we used to shake 🤪

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Albeit with a throw in which wasn’t ours, was then taken incorrectly and possibly hand balled by Matt Jay before he scored!
Great Shithousery from the boys!!

Grecian2K

Bleddy snowflakes, she should have been there when Chris Fear and co: used to go up the old rickety ladder in the cowshed which we used to shake 🤪
Or, on one memorable occasion, actually stole!!! (Biased Cornish Bar-Steward - he was left up there for ages)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great post!!
Fitting that it was MJ that scored the goal to send us up, but also that it was created by both Archie Collins and Josh Key!!
Thank Taggy & Co for keeping the academy !

Bridgy 81

Great Shithousery from the boys!!
I’ve always been a nervous watcher of ECFC, I recall for example those last few minutes after Ryan Harley scored against Huddersfield for us to stay in League One in our first season there last time was a nightmare for me.
But, although I was a little anxious last night after Matt Jay scored, I thought (admittedly against a team who weren’t threatening us too much) was a masterclass in how to see out a game.
Along with the team spirit, skill and physicality in our current squad we also seem to have that bit of nous which all successful teams need.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
They still us the same ladder !