• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see most people have forgotton about his panicky air punch that nearly cost us recently.
Stubbs was there. No need to panic

grecianstew

I see most people have forgotton about his panicky air punch that nearly cost us recently.
The important word there is “nearly”. Dawson has been a lucky goalkeeper with us in so far as his errors have not cost us much and his great saves etc have come at important times. Contrast with an “unlucky keeper” like Jones who’s every mistake seemed to come at 0-0 and was always seized upon by the opposition whilst his great saves were often hidden in a game we had under control.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hes a very good keeper. Calm, great shot stopper, good with his feet, and has a presence. Very few mistakes have been made over the course of this season. I've seen opposition keepers make more mistakes in one game against us than Cam has all season.

I guess the difference between being a league 2 keeper and one from the Championship or Premier League is being able to handle the added pressure that comes with bigger games, bigger crowds etc.

Cam has all tha attributes as far as I'm concerned.

STURTZ

I like the way he has shown total commitment to our cause, none of the Billy big ******** I've got a proper career elsewhere, Cameron seriously wants City to go up!

HarryECFC

A friend of mine who is a Wednesday fan contacted me when we'd signed him and said it was a massive signing and he couldn't believe Wednesday had let him go out.

andrew p long

The disappointing ,but unsurprising news, that Wednesday's manager Darren Moore sees Dawson next season as 'competing for No 1 spot' at Wednesday.

That coincides with Northern Correspondent's analysis that Dawson would be potential second choice next season, when their current first choice ends his loan spell and the current reserve keeper leaves.

Understandably Wednesday's manager sees the loan as having achieved all its objectives; lots of game time after an injury ravaged season and more importantly return to form, fitness and confidence. Of course it has also achieved all of City's objectives too.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone on the Bank last night suggested he become the 1931 player next season to help with wages.

Clutching at straws.

Bridgy 81

Someone on the Bank last night suggested he become the 1931 player next season to help with wages.

Clutching at straws.
That might just about secure his services until the end of August.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
That might just about secure his services until the end of August.
People are desperate for him to stay and rightly so. We'll sorely miss him.

Bridgy 81

People are desperate for him to stay and rightly so. We'll sorely miss him.
Very true. He was my vote for Player of the Season.
I know it’s his job but he’s probably saved as many goals for us as our top two or three scorers have stuck in the net between them.
Still it’s a team game and I think that’s one aspect which has been so successful for us this year with well deserved consequences.