• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The TITLE Charge?

Cowshed Grecian

Northampton sh**ting themselves for Saturday now. The pressure is on them, i reckon we will win...debuts for Lee,Cox and Pond in last two games?

Bridgy 81

Northampton sh**ting themselves for Saturday now....debuts for Lee,Cox and Pond in last two games?
I can’t really see that happening with our first title for over 30 years still a possibility.
Plus Sonny is currently involved in WsM’s playoff games. I know he’s our player and we could presumably call him back but I imagine that experience there will benefit him more in the longer run.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Northampton sh**ting themselves for Saturday now. The pressure is on them, i reckon we will win...debuts for Lee,Cox and Pond in last two games?
Unless we need to rest a lot of lads for some reason, I don't think now is the time to be putting out weakened sides

paperclip

Not on Saturday, need to play the strongest team possible whilst we can still win the title. If we lose and FGR win however then yeah, could chuck a few in for the Vale game

Jammers20

Whilst we can still win it of course we should be playing our strongest team possible. we will have Oz back for those games too and possibly Nombe after he came on last night.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see so many fans of other Clubs coming on here to congratulate us. As Cowell would say we have the likability factor and even more have earned the respect of the football family…….UTC.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's quite astounding to realise that, after Sutton's late winner on New Year's Day, although 9th were were as close in points to the drop zone as we were to the top spot.

Really puts the second half of the season into perspective.

magiccity1

It's quite astounding to realise that, after Sutton's late winner on New Year's Day, although 9th were were as close in points to the drop zone as we were to the top spot.

Really puts the second half of the season into perspective.
Indeed. In the last 20 games we have won 14, drawn 4 and only lost 2. Our last 10 games at home have resulted in 8 wins and 2 draws-absolutely Brilliant!!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sincerely hope the Club will now support MT and allow him to use his judgment in the transfer market.

We need to strengthen in a few positions and are in a far better position financially to do so than when Tisdale took us up to League One.

However and although not a fan of PT due to the way he behaved in the last few years as manager and acrimonious way in which he left, he was not supported when wanting to bring in new faces to push on into the playoffs and again when they were needed to bolster our hopes of avoiding relegation.

Hopefully this time we won’t have a repeat of this attitude by the powers that be and MT is given the support he will need to continue with his development of squad.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sincerely hope the Club will now support MT and allow him to use his judgment in the transfer market.

We need to strengthen in a few positions and are in a far better position financially to do so than when Tisdale took us up to League One.

However and although not a fan of PT due to the way he behaved in the last few years as manager and acrimonious way in which he left, he was not supported when wanting to bring in new faces to push on into the playoffs and again when they were needed to bolster our hopes of avoiding relegation.

Hopefully this time we won’t have a repeat of this attitude by the powers that be and MT is given the support he will need to continue with his development of squad.
I hate to disagree with you Sexton, but that former manager received excellent financial backing from the Club Board, indeed in the notable example of backing his push for the Championship, they unwisely nearly put the Club back into bankruptcy with "pie in sky" budgeting in their efforts. Have you forgotten the infamous "eye off the ball" admissions ?
Fortunately we now have a Club Board which budgets and invests in an extremely wise manner, and we are reaping the rewards. Matt will get great but prudent support with his budget, and I am confident that we won't have to suffer another five year spell of financial purgatory due overspending linked to unwarranted levels of overambition.