• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Barrow Matchday Thread

ExeterCraic

I think this season may well be remembered as the 'season of the scruffy set piece goals.' So many times in the second half of the season our defence has kept us in the game until we've managed to somehow find a way to score, more often than not from a set piece - Walsall, Orient, Stevenage, Newport, Carlisle and probably others I've forgotten.
Dieng has been crucial, think he is the sort of player MT wanted to sign in his first season, we've always been technically good but physically haven't been that resilient till this season, think Dieng and Stubbs have really changed that.

budegrecian

What an amazing interview from Matt Taylor; incredibly generous.

thermopylai

Can't believe I've not listened to this before, love it.
Cheers! Just as well we didn't do a song about whiskey.... but this how we plan to celebrate...(I really should go sleep now)
https://soundcloud.com/jacques-defoe%2Fb4-whiskey-for-breakfast

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dieng has been crucial, think he is the sort of player MT wanted to sign in his first season, we've always been technically good but physically haven't been that resilient till this season, think Dieng and Stubbs have really changed that.
And we were realistically only able to sign him after Jake Taylor decided to leave and created a gap in the squad for a goal-scoring box-to-box midfielder. The other sliding-doors moment was Rory McCardle deciding to move back north which paved way for us to re-sign Pierce.

ExeterCraic

Cheers! Just as well we didn't do a song about whiskey.... but this how we plan to celebrate...(I really should go asleep now)
https://soundcloud.com/jacques-defoe%2Fb4-whiskey-for-breakfast
I don't want to adhere to all the stereotypes now that I've moved here.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What an amazing interview from Matt Taylor; incredibly generous.
I've no idea how he maintained his composure well enough to give such a classy interview. I was in absolute bits watching it knowing how much this moment meant to him and how hard he's worked over the last 4 years to get City promoted.

ExeterCraic

And we were realistically only able to sign him after Jake Taylor decided to leave and created a gap in the squad for a goal-scoring box-to-box midfielder. The other sliding-doors moment was Rory McCardle deciding to move back north which paved way for us to re-sign Pierce.
I've always liked Sweeney so was pleased when we signed him again but I don't think anyone could've predicted he'd be this brilliant this season.

thermopylai

I've no idea how he maintained his composure well enough to give such a classy interview. I was in absolute bits watching it knowing how much this moment meant to him and how hard he's worked over the last 4 years to get City promoted.
His reference to "being on the pitch" at Wembley and Rotherham shows how aware he is of what this means. He's lived, and played, the history, ups and downs.

ExeterCraic

His reference to "being on the pitch" at Wembley and Rotherham shows how aware he is of what this means. He's lived, and played, the history, ups and downs.
That Logie winner was special, always remember the footage of Perryman on the phone in the dugout.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Youtube Highlights: Viewable all regions: