• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Dyer

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I might be wrong here, but what makes us think there’s going to be loads of interest in Chieck? He’s done well but he hasn’t been head and shoulders above even any of our other centre backs, I’m cant see any evidence to suggest he could step up to championship level yet like Jordan Storey who was exceptional for those 15 games or so he played for us. Just because he’s young and an Exeter City youth product doesn’t mean clubs are going to be queuing up, has there ever been much interest in Sparkes or Collins? Personally I think the interest will be in Hartridge who’s a Left footed CB and Key again whose a modern day RWB. The other one who’s very technically gifted seems to be Kite who I reckon will be a big player for us sat in front of the defence next season.
Cowshed, I concur with that also. Hartridge to me being left footed will be seen as a potentially valuable option with so many right footers out there. He has improved immesuarable over the past 12 months and physically as well. He has a calmness about him that Chiek as yet with so few games doesnt have. I think Collins again has improved a lot this season. However, until his game includes goals he wont be on the radar of clubs higher. Key despite what others have said has the attrubutes to play higher and looks so good on the ball when he is on the move. Again a few goals to his game and a lack of defensive discipline may prevent a move in the short term. Sparkes is still only just securing a place in our team let alone anyone else's/ Kite again I like and was so unlucky with that injury just when an opportunity presented itself

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cowshed, I concur with that also. Hartridge to me being left footed will be seen as a potentially valuable option with so many right footers out there. He has improved immesuarable over the past 12 months and physically as well. He has a calmness about him that Chiek as yet with so few games doesnt have. I think Collins again has improved a lot this season. However, until his game includes goals he wont be on the radar of clubs higher. Key despite what others have said has the attrubutes to play higher and looks so good on the ball when he is on the move. Again a few goals to his game and a lack of defensive discipline may prevent a move in the short term. Sparkes is still only just securing a place in our team let alone anyone else's/ Kite again I like and was so unlucky with that injury just when an opportunity presented itself
It was an example.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was an example.
I understood that SRJ. You were highlighting the scenario and used Chiek as the example as such. I was agreeing about the potential of Hartridge and Key in particular that Cowshed mentioned