• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Dyer

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly says it all about Jordan Dyer's current position within the club that his own thread has instead become a discussion of a young player who now seems more likely to break into the first team.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sadly says it all about Jordan Dyer's current position within the club that his own thread has instead become a discussion of a young player who now seems more likely to break into the first team.
I think that this is a more damning indictment of Exeweb rather than Jordan's current status with the Club ! Let's face it, an extraordinary amount of manure is spouted by us all within this hallowed forum, and at the end of the day it will be down to the actual manager of the Club to make decisions on his future. Speculation here is worth "diddly squat" in the final analysis !

Red Monster

I think that this is a more damning indictment of Exeweb rather than Jordan's current status with the Club ! Let's face it, an extraordinary amount of manure is spouted by us all within this hallowed forum, and at the end of the day it will be down to the actual manager of the Club to make decisions on his future. Speculation here is worth "diddly squat" in the final analysis !
Maybe so but every football forum in the country is about opinions
and speculation surely?
This is our soapbox right or wrong we can
have a say !

Christian

Its an opinion....and supporters should be encouraged to participate......All I would say is that players are only human at the end of the day....someone's son, brother, husband etc.......And as much as I might have a favourite or two (like most of us)....I don't put anything on here that is personal or hurtful to an individual player..........Its coming to that time of season when players will undoubtedly come and go.....and will be a difficult time for some..........we should respect that!

Agent Andy

We’ve got some quality c/h’s coming through the ranks with Alfie pond and Ed James particularly impressive , Ed James is an absolute beast so we need to keep the pathway open which is a shame for Jordie😢

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’ve got some quality c/h’s coming through the ranks with Alfie pond and Ed James particularly impressive , Ed James is an absolute beast so we need to keep the pathway open which is a shame for Jordie😢
I think this is going to be the hardest part of our business model to manage. If, as an example, someone comes in now with an acceptable bid for Diabate, do we move him on because an academy player may be able to step up? Do we stick with Diabate because in 12 months he may be worth twice as much?

As a fan, I'd be disappointed to see someone leave who we've barely seen. As a club it's a darned great problem to have. I wonder if we could ever go down the path of loaning out someone like Dyer for longer? On the continent don't they sometimes loan players out for two years at a time?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think this is going to be the hardest part of our business model to manage. If, as an example, someone comes in now with an acceptable bid for Diabate, do we move him on because an academy player may be able to step up? Do we stick with Diabate because in 12 months he may be worth twice as much?

As a fan, I'd be disappointed to see someone leave who we've barely seen. As a club it's a darned great problem to have. I wonder if we could ever go down the path of loaning out someone like Dyer for longer? On the continent don't they sometimes loan players out for two years at a time?
The 'problem' gets worse if we're in League 1 too. Right now we don't know if Cheick is able to step up to the level needed, we'd have even less knowledge about Alfie Pond.

Memphis09

The 'problem' gets worse if we're in League 1 too. Right now we don't know if Cheick is able to step up to the level needed, we'd have even less knowledge about Alfie Pond.
Yes agree we won’t till we play in league one but Cheick is far better player than Dyer who I think will be released

Cowshed Grecian

I might be wrong here, but what makes us think there’s going to be loads of interest in Chieck? He’s done well but he hasn’t been head and shoulders above even any of our other centre backs, I’m cant see any evidence to suggest he could step up to championship level yet like Jordan Storey who was exceptional for those 15 games or so he played for us. Just because he’s young and an Exeter City youth product doesn’t mean clubs are going to be queuing up, has there ever been much interest in Sparkes or Collins? Personally I think the interest will be in Hartridge who’s a Left footed CB and Key again whose a modern day RWB. The other one who’s very technically gifted seems to be Kite who I reckon will be a big player for us sat in front of the defence next season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I might be wrong here, but what makes us think there’s going to be loads of interest in Chieck? He’s done well but he hasn’t been head and shoulders above even any of our other centre backs, I’m cant see any evidence to suggest he could step up to championship level yet like Jordan Storey who was exceptional for those 15 games or so he played for us. Just because he’s young and an Exeter City youth product doesn’t mean clubs are going to be queuing up, has there ever been much interest in Sparkes or Collins? Personally I think the interest will be in Hartridge who’s a Left footed CB and Key again whose a modern day RWB. The other one who’s very technically gifted seems to be Kite who I reckon will be a big player for us sat in front of the defence next season.
It was an example.