• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

TSW1389

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
No Matt Taylor post match interview - or have I missed it?
Yes

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No Matt Taylor post match interview - or have I missed it?
It was posted very early

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
As I have said on numerous occasions we over recruited in midfield last summer and under recruited up front and at left back.

As a result of this bungling incompetence we are now second in the League with a very realistic prospect of being champions. It also means we have probably a midfield that is good enough to prosper in League One. We could do with a classic Number 4 - midfield anchorman to sit in front of the back four - but Harry Kite may well prove more than capable of filling this role if we play that way.

So our focus should be on the two areas of the pitch which do need beefing up, plus cover on the right should Josh Key move on...
The best City teams I’ve seen in my lifetime (admittedly somewhat shorter than some of you ;) ) have all been absolute beasts in the midfield

arthur

andrew p long

The MT interview was posted on the club website on the news page 18 hours ago

Scroll down a bit

IIRC that's where MT interviews are posted rather than on ifollow (as well as on twitter, youtube etc)

Rosencrantz

Loved Sweenz performance yesterday. Such a calming influence at the back and hardly puts a foot wrong. And love how his experience "wins" himself fouls in tight areas. I voted for Jevani for player of the season, but should be Sweenz.
Sweenz is definitely in the seasoned pro level now and at times is playing more like a seasoned veteran in the Woody mode. He has that senior pro feel to him now although only 27 and entering his prime years. I wonder if the decision to move back here has really settled him into having his most consistent and best season along with playing in the position that suits him to the ground.

arthur

The MT interview was posted on the club website on the news page 18 hours ago

Scroll down a bit

IIRC that's where MT interviews are posted rather than on ifollow (as well as on twitter, youtube etc)
Thanks. I normally find them on ifollow if I miss them on the MDT

Alistair20000

Had not appreciated just how good those 2 saves made by Cam off Jimmy Keohane were until viewing those highlights.

Wonder what Pate thinks ?

A word about one of the opposition: Abraham Odoh. He put in a tremendous shift all over the pitch.

Question of the day: is he shorter than Matt Jay ?

Alistair20000

Decent second half performance today and ultimately a deserved win. Thought Archie did well, as did the back four (including Cam). Can’t be at the Barrow game which looks like being the one, but I’ll be at Northampton and down for the Vale game.

Please win on Tuesday, City, and let’s all go to Northampton for a party.
All reet fred but what about Rockfish ? ;)