• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow 26 Apr 22 pre match discussion

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at 1964 we won our last home game 6-1 and then drew 0-0 away on final day. We finished 4th two points ahead of 5th so guess it depends what 5th placed Bradford did in the final game as to whether we got promoted in final game or the one before. I have a feeling I have read that the away draw secured it but not sure if I have that right.
Bradford lost their last two games so I guess that means we secured it on the last day.

Oldsmobile-88

Can’t frigging wait....That is all.

denzel

I have to work on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning. Nit sure how I'm going to manage either.

denzel

Can’t frigging wait....That is all.
I blame the wind. If it hadn't nearly blown the roof up we'd be promoted already...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I keep looking at the permutations and worry that a draw on Tuesday followed by the inevitable loss at Northampton could make for a very tense last day. Then I remember the almost zen-like calmness with which we played yesterday and the way we almost completely controlled the game and I have faith in our players to finish the job against Barrow.

contrabombarde

45 years ago at Doncaster wow time does fly , that’s scary!
I remember that game well and as we were celebrating, some Doncaster yobs were throwing bottles over the stand at us. Later, as we drove away from the ground we were followed by a car load of them and we eventually lost them in the back streets. Happy days! :ROFLMAO:

andrew p long

Looking at 1964 we won our last home game 6-1 and then drew 0-0 away on final day. We finished 4th two points ahead of 5th so guess it depends what 5th placed Bradford did in the final game as to whether we got promoted in final game or the one before. I have a feeling I have read that the away draw secured it but not sure if I have that right.
IIRC we needed a point on the final day in 1964 and got it courtesy of the 0-0 draw at Workington.

Not many travelled to away games (especially at Workington!). There is the iconic photo of the team being welcomed back at St Davids (?) with a banner ''Thanks to Banks and the ranks'.

My memory is of being at a classmate's (9th) birthday party. Hugely pleased when the result came through on the results by teleprinter IIRC(no ifollow,local radio etc!)

Red Devon

Hoping Stubbsy will back, but I suppose the big question will be who replaces Zanzala

Banksy

IIRC we needed a point on the final day in 1964 and got it courtesy of the 0-0 draw at Workington.

Not many travelled to away games (especially at Workington!). There is the iconic photo of the team being welcomed back at St Davids (?) with a banner ''Thanks to Banks and the ranks'.

My memory is of being at a classmate's (9th) birthday party. Hugely pleased when the result came through on the results by teleprinter IIRC(no ifollow,local radio etc!)
Thanks Banks and all the Ranks , that brings the memories flooding back. Got an old Echo with the picture in my archives somewhere.

Trapdoor

Hoping Stubbsy will back, but I suppose the big question will be who replaces Zanzala
Nombe kingmatt