• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barrow 26 Apr 22 pre match discussion

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Grecians - as they say in St Thomas "Yer Tis" !
We have it in our own hands to create a bit of Grecian History especially for those that have started supporting us over the last 10 years.
Just need to prepare properly (again) & stay with our principles.
I'm dreaming of a 5:0 win for us and FGR losing 5:0 to Swinderland - what about you ?
UTC

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Well Grecians - as they say in St Thomas "Yer Tis" !
We have it in our own hands to create a bit of Grecian History especially for those that have started supporting us over the last 10 years.
Just need to prepare properly (again) & stay with our principles.
I'm dreaming of a 5:0 win for us and FGR losing 5:0 to Swinderland - what about you ?
UTC
Don't forget a straight red for Jamille Matt

Pobbop

How many times have we been promoted at St James Park, the last 2 weren't, 89/90 was, not sure about the rest?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
76-77 We were promoted after a 3:0 win at Doncaster.

I was at Doncaster in May 1977 to see City get promoted from what was then Division 4 , so that was away from SJP.

StroudGrecian

How many times have we been promoted at St James Park, the last 2 weren't, 89/90 was, not sure about the rest?
Pretty sure 76-77 was away at Donny.

Edit: Beaten to it by two who were there!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Looking at 1964 we won our last home game 6-1 and then drew 0-0 away on final day. We finished 4th two points ahead of 5th so guess it depends what 5th placed Bradford did in the final game as to whether we got promoted in final game or the one before. I have a feeling I have read that the away draw secured it but not sure if I have that right.

My memory of that day at Doncaster was after the final whistle the players went back to the dressing room , I was standing at the top of the tunnel and an Exeter fan asked me if he could go down to the changing room and bring the players back out for a ‘ curtain call ‘ naturally I said yes and they duly appeared back on the pitch . I don’t suppose that person is on exeweb , reads this and remembers the incident .

45 years ago at Doncaster wow time does fly , that’s scary!

Cowshed Grecian

Easy 2-0 win again. Diabate and Jay.
Browns boys will be on holiday now after a tough few games and good results.