• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Rochdale match day thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Att 6935. Another sell out and this time 500 fewer people counted.

Don't understand.
There were probably no more than 300 people in both parts of the away end.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

Don't understand.
Rochdale didn’t anywhere near fill their allocation, and neither did we in the away end. It wasn’t a sell out.

grecIAN Harris

It was good to see Matt Jay come back to the party. He looked more like the Matt Jay we have expected to see after last season and the early part of this season. Even Matt Taylor said it was his best game for a while. On the whole, once we had got past the usual 15-20 minutes to get going, it was another comfortable day at The Park. Rochdale looked pretty good on the ball and threatened us before we woke from our slumbers but once we got going Rochdale didn't have the cutting edge to stop us. We should have been playing against ten men for most of the second when their centre half should have been sent off, before he was immeadiately subbed off (that tells it's own story), for a deliberate elbow in Ozzie's face. Anyway, on to Tuesday nights promotion party and us shutting the gap down on The Vegans again.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fairly comfortable win, in a way was glad that Stubbs was out as it gave us the excuse to not drop Diabate. The makeshift back three done alright. City didn't shine as brightly as I'd hoped but who cares? We're nearly there, perhaps when we beat Barrow people will stop worrying about clubs like poxy Harrowgate or whoever overhauling us and start to realise that the title is a definite maybe! :p
After a few wobbles against Tranmere I thought Diabate was outstanding today. Of all our promising youngsters it wouldn’t totally surprise me if he’s the one who is sold in the summer.

grecIAN Harris

After a few wobbles against Tranmere I thought Diabate was outstanding today. Of all our promising youngsters it wouldn’t totally surprise me if he’s the one who is sold in the summer.
He was rock solid defensively if unspectacular on the ball, just did what he had to do.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rochdale didn’t anywhere near fill their allocation, and neither did we in the away end. It wasn’t a sell out.
Oh okay. Thought the club put it out that it was sold out.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There were probably no more than 300 people in both parts of the away end.
I had a ticket for the away end but I went up the jungle path and straight through onto the Bank. Wonder how many others did that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tim Dieng

Spoonz Red E

Don't understand.
It wasn't a sell out.

I was selling from the ticket booth up until kick off.

Grecianpasty

It was good to see Matt Jay come back to the party. He looked more like the Matt Jay we have expected to see after last season and the early part of this season. Even Matt Taylor said it was his best game for a while. On the whole, once we had got past the usual 15-20 minutes to get going, it was another comfortable day at The Park. Rochdale looked pretty good on the ball and threatened us before we woke from our slumbers but once we got going Rochdale didn't have the cutting edge to stop us. We should have been playing against ten men for most of the second when their centre half should have been sent off, before he was immeadiately subbed off (that tells it's own story), for a deliberate elbow in Ozzie's face. Anyway, on to Tuesday nights promotion party and us shutting the gap down on The Vegans again.
They definitely should have had 10 men. Mcnulty clearly front OZ out of play and elbowed him on the face. The fact he came off shortly after further proved this.