• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Tranmere Rovers Matchday Thread

Cowshed Grecian

Nah, I’m good without the meds thanks. If we need 3 wins from Tranmere, Rochdale, Barrow, Northampton and Vale I’d be worried. Tranmere, Northampton and Vale will all be very difficult games. I’d be worried if we went into the Northampton game still needing a win.

Let Vale hammer Rovers, we win at Tranmere, and Mansfield and Northampton both fail to win, job’s a good ‘un.
By the time we play Northampton I’m hoping they are firmly in the play offs with no chance of autos. Which would mean they won’t be too fussed about the game with us, it’s Barrow that worry me...I’ve been reading Phil Brown has taken a calculated decision to put their players in a pre season type fitness schedule. Suddenly they win 4-0 against FGR. That won’t be easy next Tuesday if they are still in serious danger. I’m hoping they pick up points today and Saturday.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Your mindset and logic is completely twisted. We are going to have to blow up in catastrophic proportions for Rovers to catch us. Vale on the other hand, as I pointed out, could overtake us today. I'd sooner keep them all at arm's length which is what a Rovers win will do for us.
You’re funny.

My mindset isn’t twisted at all, it’s just slightly more pessimistic than yours. I think we’ll lose against Northampton and Vale. Therefore the sooner we can get the autos confirmed the better.

denzel

Enough of the permutations! Let's just win today and see where are at 5.

Spoonz Red E

I'm with Fred.

Top three go up.
If we are one of them it doesn't matter who the other two are.
But simple maths dictate that the teams we want to falter are 4th and below.
Simps.

Red Monster

If we win today we’ll need 4 points from 4 games !!
Nailed on .
If Mansfield fail to beat Carlisle it will be 2 points From
our 4 games !!

Personally I am loving all this disagreement on who we want to beat whom - it all depends how half full or half empty one’s glass is!! I’d like a draw or Rovers win, can also see Mansfield dropping points and really hope Oldham can get something.

Cowshed Grecian

To try and relax some of our nerves, Tranmere haven’t won for 5 games. Their fans are on the manager Mickey Mellon’s back whom they are criticising for being too negative and playing sideways and backwards. They look like they are faltering away from the play offs. So it could get quite toxic if we go ahead early at Prenton Park like it did for them against Carlisle recently. Going Simeone style and getting two players sent off.
I thought they were jammy to beat us 1-0.
They are Nothing to fear today!

Cowshed Grecian

Personally I am loving all this disagreement on who we want to beat whom - it all depends how half full or half empty one’s glass is!! I’d like a draw or Rovers win, can also see Mansfield dropping points and really hope Oldham can get something.
Ha-I’m loving it. Good place to be

fred binneys head

I'm with Fred.

Top three go up.
If we are one of them it doesn't matter who the other two are.
But simple maths dictate that the teams we want to falter are 4th and below.
Simps.
You’re twisting my Micky Mellons, man.

Cowshed Grecian

You’re twisting my Micky Mellons, man.
Call the Cops!