• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester - Good Friday - Discussion & Prediction Thread

robchave

No league 2 game is a 'banker', so we have to treat Col U with respect and remember that no game is won 'on paper' but only on the pitch. My only concern would be that, if we don't get an early(ish) goal, all the supporters who don't go regularly could start getting a bit restless. The regulars need to show solid support and not let any nerves spread onto the pitch. Remember, this is all new for a lot of our younger players.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Crowd number prediction for Friday ?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet...

If you're looking for a good omen, then on Good Friday in 2010 we played Colchester at home, beat them 2-0 and of course were promoted at the end of the season.

On the subject of good omens...

Our Championship season came under Shaun Taylor who [whisper it quietly] was born in Plymouth.

And our promotion in the 2008-09 season came under Dan Seaborne, who hails from Barnstaple.

So, despite one or two dissenting voices, it seems to me that Torbay-born Matt Jay is the perfect choice to wear the captain's armband!

Oliver

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
250 tickets left in the away end

fred binneys head

Have we got an actual capacity number? Like one that’s a fact, not an educated guess.

I’m thinking it will be whatever that capacity is, less 400.

Alistair20000

Have we got an actual capacity number? Like one that’s a fact, not an educated guess.

Not sure of the capacity fred.

Spoonz might be our friend on that.

Spoonz Red E

From Club website

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Think the away end holds 950 although expect a bit is lost due to segregation.
ip office stand 2100 but again some lost for segregation.
stagecoach stand 1600 which should be at maximum.
That would leave the bank holding just under 4000 but thought it had reduced a few years ago .

the club said after the bank had sold out 7200+ sold, add to that 600 sold to city fans in away end and whatever Colchester bring should make it a little over 8000.

I can’t remember us having a crowd over 8200 for a long long time unless Leeds or Liverpool or Man U managed it.

although capacity is given as 8679 I would assume for various reasons we would normally only be able to actually get a few hundred below that.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

I’ll go for 8,034 then - 400 missing Colchester fans plus some more for segregation reasons or whatever.