• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planning application for new training ground facilities

ExmouthMart

If you think about it logically, what would be the point in raising awareness of a fundraising campaign to kit out a building that we hadn't got anyone to agree to build yet?
Logically there’s obviously something been left off this contract that was included in the original cheaper option. I just wondered what it was! Perhaps the new fund raiser could have been launched with a bit more fanfare rather than tagged onto this brief update.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Logically there’s obviously something been left off this contract that was included in the original cheaper option. I just wondered what it was! Perhaps the new fund raiser could have been launched with a bit more fanfare rather than tagged onto this brief update.
I don't think there is anything left off, not in relation to the fund raiser anyway. I remember it was mentioned at that fans forum that was put on YouTube during the second part after Matt, Oz and Keiran. It's fundraising for equipment to kit out the gym, kitchen, a couple of TV's, stuff like that.

Antony Moxey

Why the big secret over who the new builders are?

Oldsmobile-88

I think it’s a local firm who have done a bit of work in Torquay 😎

0BD848B1-0C15-4546-96E2-A2BCAB32E404.jpeg

Boyo

Contracts have not yet been signed, so it would be inappropriate to name them now, I'd have thought.

dontpassback

Well it won’t be the contractor with the golden touch will it !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure many new buildings come fully furnished by the developer do they? 🤔

I don't think the fundraiser has been launched yet because we haven't signed contracts on the building yet. As has been pointed out, to find out more there is an email address. Maybe you can get involved in a launch and give it some fanfare?

Last edited:

DB9

I don't think there is anything left off, not in relation to the fund raiser anyway. I remember it was mentioned at that fans forum that was put on YouTube during the second part after Matt, Oz and Keiran. It's fundraising for equipment to kit out the gym, kitchen, a couple of TV's, stuff like that.
A long term campaign to raise funds that "Cans for City" to be involved in? Andy is always asking how the money raised by him (Brilliantly) could be best used, Maybe this could be it?

Andy_H

A long term campaign to raise funds that "Cans for City" to be involved in? Andy is always asking how the money raised by him (Brilliantly) could be best used, Maybe this could be it?
Cans4City have already nominated two items to purchase, that will be taken off the list. The monies is being 'ring fenced' in the City/Cans4City account solely for these purchases.

DB9

Cans4City have already nominated two items to purchase, that will be taken off the list. The monies is being 'ring fenced' in the City/Cans4City account solely for these purchases.
Knew you'd be on the ball Andy. (y)