• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Planning application for new training ground facilities

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back to topic any news on the progress with finding replacement suppliers? Isn't announcement due any time soon?

ExmouthMart

Back to topic any news on the progress with finding replacement suppliers? Isn't announcement due any time soon?
I think April was mentioned when there would be an announcement. Be interesting to see if it’s still sustainable as I believe it was mentioned at the time, that time was of the essence, with costs likely to go up @25% if we didn’t sign the deal when we did last year. I would imagine there was a contingency plan as all scenarios were rigorously examined by those involved in the original planning etc.
Hopefully the club hasn’t lost any or too much money in consultancy fees etc. which would add to the project falling at the first fence disappointment we are all feeling as the expected next level training ground has not started yet in tandem with our promotion push.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great news

ExmouthMart

I might have probably got it completely wrong but what is ‘Kit out the Cliff’?! It sounds like we are just having a shell of a building constructed and then we have to finish it off with donations and volunteers doing a bit of plumbing and decorating etc.
On another more serious note would the proposals need to be put to the members to vote on again bearing in mind the financial implications of Associated cost rises in materials etc. as they have now accepted the second cheapest offer I’d imagine it was a bit more than a couple of quid more. On the other hand it sounds like that company is still prepared to do the job for their original bid so perhaps the cost rise is still manageable.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I might have probably got it completely wrong but what is ‘Kit out the Cliff’?! It sounds like we are just having a shell of a building constructed and then we have to finish it off with donations and volunteers doing a bit of plumbing and decorating etc.
On another more serious note would the proposals need to be put to the members to vote on again bearing in mind the financial implications of Associated cost rises in materials etc. as they have now accepted the second cheapest offer I’d imagine it was a bit more than a couple of quid more. On the other hand it sounds like that company is still prepared to do the job for their original bid so perhaps the cost rise is still manageable.
I'm assuming it's the gear? Video equipment, furniture and the like.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
'If you’d like more information about the Kit out the Cliff campaign, email [email protected]'

Bit curious as it is meant to be a fund raising campaign yet you can't find out info online via Google?

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
'If you’d like more information about the Kit out the Cliff campaign, email [email protected]'

Bit curious as it is meant to be a fund raising campaign yet you can't find out info online via Google?
There's a page on the Trust's website that looks like it will be updated soon too (under fundraising).

ExmouthMart

Did try that! Perhaps it started today…….

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you think about it logically, what would be the point in raising awareness of a fundraising campaign to kit out a building that we hadn't got anyone to agree to build yet?

Christian

Wouldn't it be great if the "Kit out the Cliff" campaign was ready for the bumper crowd this Friday! Something in the program....a flyer....or even buying a raffle ticket as start to kick this off........hopefully followed by other bumper crowds.....are we missing a trick as it will be harder to drum up interest in the close season!