• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Will Covid save Matt Taylor’s job?

dommers

If you cant enjoy being an Exeter City fan now I would sincerely suggest you are 'supporting' the wrong club. Not really sure anyone could fathom out your motives as I would be pretty sure even Tiz himself would see his successor as doing a first class job
I'm not likely to stop supporting the club I have followed for 40 years based on one individual. I'll still be here long after he's left the club.
I'm not disputing he's doing a good job in term of league position although that doesn't mean I need to like him

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pretty sure that Matt Taylor recognises the huge part that Tisdale played in his development as a player and a manager. .He brought him in as a player from Team Bath and supported his transition to a coaching role giving him a job at City.

Wasn't it Tisdale that switched him from being a goalkeeper to a center half?

tonykellowfan

Ferguson is the best manager in my lifetime and not many people "like" him. Same goes for many other successful managers.

The fact of the matter is that Taylor has been a very good manager for us. He has made mistakes and sometimes seems to take against certain individuals but nevertheless you cannot argue with his record as a manager here.

The Carlisle game alone proves we still need to be better at converting chances. However at the other end we look solid as I've ever seen us. So praise where it's due there - he's now got that right.

Let's hope the club have some budget in reserve for next season if we do finally step up.
This encouraged me to look up the last time we conceded less than a goal per game across a league season (currently 36 in 40 games) and the answer is it has only happened once before .... in 1963/64 (37 in 46) - was anyone on here around then??
There is another stat we are closing in on that City have never managed before in a season - but I don't want to jinx it so will keep it under my hat for now!

Cowshed Grecian

Ferguson is the best manager in my lifetime and not many people "like" him. Same goes for many other successful managers.

The fact of the matter is that Taylor has been a very good manager for us. He has made mistakes and sometimes seems to take against certain individuals but nevertheless you cannot argue with his record as a manager here.
It’s not a bad thing is it? Perhaps Man Utd’s future manager should certainly take against certain individuals currently at Man Utd don’t you think?

Trampus

I think you can readily argue with his record, strikers as the obvious example.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not likely to stop supporting the club I have followed for 40 years based on one individual. I'll still be here long after he's left the club.
I'm not disputing he's doing a good job in term of league position although that doesn't mean I need to like him
I understand you were having regular dreams about you and Sir Tis but what's so "unlikeable" about MT? It's an odd comment because whilst he's quite dry in delivery he doesn't come across as arrogant or pompous or have a messiah complex??

Fair enough question his tactics, ability to lead, recruitment policy - there's certainly been bumps in the road. As it stands he's on the verge of finally taking us back up and I wouldn't it past him to eclipse Tisdale's 8th spot and thus consigning your "best eva manager 💕 " t-shirts to landfill

Last edited:

dommers

I wouldn't it past him to eclipse Tisdale's 8th spot and thus consigning your "best eva manager 💕 " t-shirts to landfill
Our best ever manager was Terry Cooper in his first couple of years, somewhat ruined by his 'dodgy' sales later and returning to the club, and like virtually all managers ended up with the final memory of being sacked

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our best ever manager was Terry Cooper in his first couple of years, somewhat ruined by his 'dodgy' sales later and returning to the club, and like virtually all managers ended up with the final memory of being sacked
He retired on health grounds.

dommers

He retired on health grounds.
Apologies you're quite right he did retire on health grounds the second time round although it was hardly a successful spell