• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carlisle United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
This must have been photo of the day - Sweenz 😂
View attachment 8249
Sweenze practicing wearing a crown when he wins Grecian footballer of the year ?
UTC

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Southampton and Leeds both had very very good teams. We were clear underdogs at that time.

We had a good team but nobody anywhere near as good as the likes of Adam Lallana and Jermaine Beckford.
You mention Lallana but forgot a young Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Arthur Davey

Apologies in advance if I've posted this on the wrong thread - I thought it was the matchday thread 🤔 my bad - but I'm just enjoying again Podge's movement in the 6-yard box as the ball comes across from the corner for his winning goal. No substitute for experience 😍
http://instagr.am/p/CcKls-SDLij/

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forming a great understanding with Hartridge down the left hand side, Carlisle struggled to contain both of them going forward yesterday.
Just shows the benefit of having academy players coming through into the first team. I'd guess Hartridge and Sparkes have probably spent the best part of 10 years developing their understanding.

scottus86

Apologies in advance if I've posted this on the wrong thread - I thought it was the matchday thread 🤔 my bad - but I'm just enjoying again Podge's movement in the 6-yard box as the ball comes across from the corner for his winning goal. No substitute for experience 😍
http://instagr.am/p/CcKls-SDLij/
Great movement, just knew where he needed to be and lost his marker really well to find himself in all that space. Great finish too, the way he got power on it and directed it in.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great movement, just knew where he needed to be and lost his marker really well to find himself in all that space. Great finish too, the way he got power on it and directed it in.
Ever since he's arrived Podge runs intelligently for the team & even gets involved when warming up - more than once have I seen him get the ball in quickly to our player for a quick throw or have a quiet word.
I have also been impressed at his team ethic - when coming on for Sam Nombe he turned to the Doble Stand and tried to get fans to applaud louder.
If our young forwards learn from him and he gets his 200th league goal with us I'll be pleased.
UTC

Squeezebox

Ever since he's arrived Podge runs intelligently for the team & even gets involved when warming up - more than once have I seen him get the ball in quickly to our player for a quick throw or have a quiet word.
I have also been impressed at his team ethic - when coming on for Sam Nombe he turned to the Doble Stand and tried to get fans to applaud louder.
If our young forwards learn from him and he gets his 200th league goal with us I'll be pleased.
UTC
Absolutely! His attitude etc even when not playing is top notch. Really pleased for him yesterday and hope we can offer him something next year be it player/coach or both!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
UTC
I help with the post match sweep up and it is evident that he does a lot of coaching of our younger players in the warm downs after the game. He may not always contribute on the pitch but I dont doubt he is an asset in the dressing room. A good signing by MT in my book.

Cowshed Grecian

I help with the post match sweep up and it is evident that he does a lot of coaching of our younger players in the warm downs after the game. He may not always contribute on the pitch but I dont doubt he is an asset in the dressing room. A good signing by MT in my book.
I’d love to have him around next season, great player to bring on for last 10 mins when you need someone In the box. Perhaps we could send him on a coach driving course and utilise him in other ways too.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes it was great movement, there were four static Carlisle defenders there but Podge found that space between the lot of them to head the ball home.